PDA

View Full Version : How to remove your back seats. explained...

nskforlife
07-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I just took out my rear seats and I thought i'd save everyone the hassle of finding all the screws and bolts to get it out without breaking anything. good for removing excess weight and also helpful if youre trying to rewire your speakers. I noticed a difference in my cars acceleration after i took the passenger seat, back seat, back seat belts, spare tire, and jack out of my car. good if youre gonna run it at the track one night.

Tools:
1. socket set. an extension helps with a couple bolts on the side of the car and one bolt between the seat.
2. a pry bar would help but it's not needed, just a lot of work to DIY.

Steps...
1. first scoot the front seats up so it gives you a little room to work with on the back seat.the bottom part of the seat is held on by to hooks, 1 on each side, and a bolt to the chassis. the bolt is just to the left of the middle of the seat between the cushions, if you cant see it try pulling the seat up from the 2 brackets and then looking for it. after you remove the bolt from the seat you'll be able to take it out with ease. be careful tho, the seatbelts are still attached to the car. slide them through gently.

2. the side panels, these things were a little tricky to me at first, but i figured out where the bolts were.
theres a bolt on the bottom of them under the extra flap of fabric and another bolt on the inside of each side. take these bolts out and pull up on it to remove it, theres a hook at the top which prevents it from just being pulled out straight, you have to pull them up.

3. the top part of the back seat. this is the easiest. theres no bolts at all, just a clip on the right side that holds the back seat onto the bar, pull this clip out and slide the whole seat to the right, the left part of the seat should fall out, remove the top part of the seat and enjoy!!!:)

The Best part about doing all this work is figuring out all the junk under your seats and wondering where it came from. I found $1.06 in doing this, lol. Good luck and have fun.

MessyHonda
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
yeah i found like 4 bucks worth of change when i took out my back seats and front seats. i also found lots of glass since the rear windshield and the side windows were broken.

mkymonkey
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
you know its a lot easier to take the fold out part of the seat out first...then the bottom...aaaaand then the sides. easiest way to do it.

crazykamper
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
lol. i took out half of the side panels, then decided to take bottom out, never did figure out how to take out top. lol. oh well. one day

i found like 2$ worth of change, and a BUT LOAD of glass, my question is where it all came from. there is sooo much of it its not even funny!

MessyHonda
07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
lol. i took out half of the side panels, then decided to take bottom out, never did figure out how to take out top. lol. oh well. one day

i found like 2$ worth of change, and a BUT LOAD of glass, my question is where it all came from. there is sooo much of it its not even funny!

windows...like i said 2or 3 of my windows were broken and i just vaccumed it and never chekced the bottom till now.

nskforlife
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
yea, it might be easier to take out the parts your way. i'm just saying the way i did it to make it easier for you to lighten and find some gas money for your car. I practically bucketed my car for the sole purpose of cleaning it. Acceleration was just an add-on... lol