PDA

View Full Version : Im slow

JoeS92A
08-27-2002, 06:50 AM
You guys will think im really dumb, but the screws ont he airbox....on top iof the carb the vent lookin thing....they are not coming off for me i tryed using plyers cuz i lost most of my tools...any ideas?

Site
08-27-2002, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't continue to try the pliers - you'll strip the nut for sure. Those are 10mm, I think. Borrow a ratchet from a neighbor or a friend. Do you have an adjustable wrench - that would probably work, too. Once they come lose they should free the rest of the length of the bolt very easily - by hand even.

JoeS92A
08-27-2002, 08:10 AM
well i got the ten mm ratchet shit and it still is stuck on there real good
Joe

Mantis88LX
08-27-2002, 08:41 AM
when u get em off be careful when u put em back on, dont over tighten them, i broke one of my studs off cuz i tightened it to tight

JoeS92A
08-27-2002, 08:44 AM
i finally got it off, and i didnt put em on to tight but just enough...i plan on building a ram air intake before friday....i am real excited. Just does anyone know how to cut the hole in the hood?

ACCORD EX
08-27-2002, 12:47 PM
man so stuck ! that's good , no one played with you carb before ! :D
anyway they don't need to be thoghtened much , only to hold the air box in place ! :)

MIKE

A20A1
08-27-2002, 05:20 PM
for my first hood I put 4 towels on the floor and left a square in the middle where I was going to make the hole. I took the hood off and layed it upsidedown on the towels, I got out a chisle and an hammer and I removed the brace under the hood to expose the flat metal. just use the chile to life the brace high enough so that you can get some tin snips and cut it off. I also used the chisle to cut the hole in the hood... just hold the chisle so that one of the sharp edges touches the metal and the other edge is slightly raised... when you hammer the chisle the angle of the blade will cut the metal better then if you held both corners of the chisle on the metal.