PDA

View Full Version : Anyone succeding in Backlighting with BLUE LEds yet?

gr3k0sLaV
08-27-2002, 07:24 AM
I accidentally blew my Cold Cathode inverter which powered the 100mm CCTL tube I had lighting my gauges from the front.

Now I was thinking, to get a new inverter will be about $23 or I can get a bunch of BLUE leds, which'll cost me the same for the amount I need, + resistors

now im wondering has anyone tried this yet?

the onyl pain in the ass is going to be getting the polarity right, im contemplating doing it this weekend...

gr3k0sLaV
08-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Anyone know which resistors i'll need?

im considering to get around the polarity pains i might either wires the leds ir series and hook it to one set of connectors, with a single resistor....damn trying to remember my old electrical play around days.

sanjay
08-27-2002, 07:44 AM
get a bunch of blue leds!!!

gr3k0sLaV
08-27-2002, 07:57 AM
Dont be smart or ill come up to surfers and thump you :)

bobafett
08-27-2002, 08:59 AM
check out www.fanbus.com it has guides that "should" specify which size resistors to use in a 12v system. good luck, and i may do the same as you, since my previous plan was to put in a blue cc tube! :)

gr3k0sLaV
08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
Ive been looking into it, looks more hassle than it's worth, since the LEDS are just pricy for the ones i need.

Im going to stick with the CCTL but instead i'm going to put a blacklight at the top and bottom and well to light the gauges, hopefully it'll light the needles and the white numbers...

anyone done this before?