PDA

View Full Version : Clutch?!

895spdforfree
07-16-2006, 12:32 AM
goddamnit i hate when you take to long to enter a post and it logs you off, i have to retype this crap again..anyways
WELL i bought a powerdura clutch (what was i thinking) off ebay, beware, it is complete garbage, it cant hold shit, i bet its rated at 80 hp cause thats what it felt like. OH well i learned not to buy cheap shit
I need a new clutch, and from what i read i have a pretty good idea of what to get and what to avoid. Clutchnet is good, exedy is good for stock replacement, and act is good. Centerforce sucks right? alright. Im shootin for mild to moderate mods, maybe 150 hp to 160, what should i get. I think the act 6 puck is too much, and cluthnet is kinda pricey, but they have alot more shit u know... i dont know i need some ideas from you guys, a second opinion. thanks in advance :violin:

MessyHonda
07-16-2006, 07:28 AM
well yesterday i was going up a hill...i just got my car like 3 weeks ago so i had to learn....i reved the engine too high and my clutch did not grip at all it was at like 4k and i bet i burn the shit out of it..you always see thoes clutches on ebay that say stage one so they are a lil better than oem...but i never tryed it.

895spdforfree
07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
anyone?? thanks

LiTtLe xOx BitT
07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
http://www.andysautosport.com/product/transmission;jsessionid=7DD410E0355517910A233F83FD FF2F2A?_v=vmd00184

spanky
07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
i replaced my clutch about a year ago w/ one from autozone(valuecraft). i paid 20 bucks i think and i put it in my self and it still does burn out forever. it pulls like a mother. i honestly think it better than oem and alot cheeper. well good luck w/ your clutch hopefuly you find one that suits your needs. best of luck spanky

well i look on their website and i piad a lil more here's the link:
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performSearch&Parameters=Auto+Store%7C%7EREGULAR+PARTS+LOOK+UP%7 C%7EClutch+Disc