PDA

View Full Version : alarm question

dill21831
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I have a few questions on the alarm im going to install in my brothers 89 4door i think its an lx..........power everything.......i had a question regarding the door unlocking and locking system........i get its 2 wires.....i know its a negative pulse on my alarm installation guide it has unlocking NC, com, and NO.......the same options for locking......which one do i hook it up to....id assume the com but im not sure cause im new with alarms......everything else i understand......power and ground wires........i have a trigger + and - for the door which one do i hook up to that??, it comes with its own speaker.......another question i have is do i have to hook up the start engine wire, i would like not to..........basically all i want it to do is unlock and lock the doors, have the alarm go off when a door is opened, have the alarm go off when its struck very hard, the parking lights and speaker go off when the alarm goes off.......and thats it......if you guys could help me along id appreciate it

catalin
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Sounds like the alarm has built-in relays... Com, or common means the supply for the those built-in relays. Since we know that the locks are negative you'll have to connect a ground wire to this common input.
NC or Normally closed is at rest and should not be connected to anything. NO or Normanlly open means when relays is triggered (when alarm is armed or disarmed) this connection will provide what the common input is... meaning ground output. Connect this to the locking/unlocking wires in the vehicle.

Door triger in the Hondas is negative.. I believe it's a black/white wire to the right of the steering column. This wire will provide a ground when the door is opened. Connect it to the negative door trigger input to the alarm.

You should do a starter or ignition kill... alarm comes with it, might as well use it. You should also connect the hood pin/trigger wire too since the alarm can be easily disabled by disconnecting the main battery. Just my thoughts anyways... Gluck.

dill21831
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
ok a few new questions....the door actuator's unlocking and locking seems easy.....so one lead for lock goes to one side of the actuator and the unlock to the other side.........or am i confused........

the hood pin thing sounds like a good idea, and i probably will do it..as far as the starter kill i dont want anything go wrong with the alarm and it cause the car not to start......its not my car and i wont be driving.....so if anything were to happen and the alarm needed to get disconnected because it was malfunctioning......the driver wouldnt know what to do.....so thats the only reason im hesitant to a starter kill.....

as far as the door trigger is this trigger for all doors or just the driver.....because i noticed when a door is opened on the dash the appropriate door lights up on the lil car picture.....i want it to trigger on all doors....

thanks for the help.....

ghettogeddy
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
trust me do not be hesitant to put the starter kill on it would of saved me a headach if i would have put mine on oh ya my car was stolin and they screwd up my clutch, i got the car back but thats not the point if i would have put the starter kill in it wouldent of drove away as fast as it did

Hazwan
07-18-2006, 10:01 PM
ok a few new questions....the door actuator's unlocking and locking seems easy.....so one lead for lock goes to one side of the actuator and the unlock to the other side.........or am i confused........
the hood pin thing sounds like a good idea, and i probably will do it..as far as the starter kill i dont want anything go wrong with the alarm and it cause the car not to start......its not my car and i wont be driving.....so if anything were to happen and the alarm needed to get disconnected because it was malfunctioning......the driver wouldnt know what to do.....so thats the only reason im hesitant to a starter kill.....
as far as the door trigger is this trigger for all doors or just the driver.....because i noticed when a door is opened on the dash the appropriate door lights up on the lil car picture.....i want it to trigger on all doors....
thanks for the help.....

for the door trigger, tap the wire from the dome light

catalin
07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
thanks for the help.....

So the car doesn't have power locks in it already??

Starter kill won't mess anything up. As long as you have a strong tight connection you shouldn't ever worry about it. You haven't mentioned what type of alarm it is?

Like I said earlier, door trigger is black/white, it will catch all the doors. If you connect to the wire at the door switch, say the drivers door, then yes only the drivers door will trigger the alarm. All doors are isolated so they can display properly on the dash.
You could always coonnect to the dome light like Hazwan mentioned.. but I find it's easier and closer to do it under the dash.

dill21831
07-22-2006, 09:50 AM
no the car does have power door locks already.......im just trying to figure out how i hook up the unlock and lock wires from the alarm to the door actuators.....if my connections are at the door i can do it behind the dash..........

the reason im not worried about the car being stolen is it was a free car......its pretty much crap except for the stereo......i mean i can hook it up but like i said for the area, situation, and all the factors in id just rather not tap into anything for the starting or ignition........

catalin
07-22-2006, 01:34 PM
You do not connect to the actuators.. you connect the way i first mentioned to green/white for lock and green/red for unlock. Both are negative triggered and are located in the drivers kick panel.

dill21831
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
ok i think i got it so on the com part of the alarm,hook that to ground and then NO goes to its unlock or lock wire for the door actuators....the door trigger is easy enough.......all the grounds and main powers easy.....i like the thought of the hood trigger and that would be easy.......if i wanted to make the windows roll down off the accessory output what kind of relay gives me like a 5 second positive out and then turns off.....

catalin
07-27-2006, 05:35 PM
You can purchase a window roll up module and wire it backwards to roll the windows down. That would be the best way to go.

dill21831
07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
ok i got the alarm installed but had trouble finding the door trigger at the back of the fuse panel.......so what i did for now is hooked it up to the driverside only because it was a lot easier to find......i didnt have the cover for the fuse panel so i didnt even try and pull it off.....are there just a couple bolts mounting enough to get it off and take a look?