PDA

View Full Version : just installed reverse indiglo gauges and....

three6ohchris
08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
they work fine, got em all in after a few setbacks.... but when i have them on, they emit a high pitch sound... like a beep/buzz combo... my first thought was the ground, so i regrounded it, but it is still doing it... any ideas?

CivicEater
08-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by three6ohchris
they work fine, got em all in after a few setbacks.... but when i have them on, they emit a high pitch sound... like a beep/buzz combo... my first thought was the ground, so i regrounded it, but it is still doing it... any ideas?

it's the power inverter.. nothing wrong.. just annoying as hell..

my pedals did that too..

Wanna Be Engineer
08-27-2002, 12:02 PM
That makes three of us at least! :werd: I've had mine installed for about a month now and it's been doing it even since. Just turn your radio on louder! :super:

three6ohchris
08-27-2002, 12:06 PM
haha, werd... thats what i did... bugs the hell out of me....

CivicEater
08-27-2002, 12:19 PM
wrap the power invertor in foam.. it'll quiet it down a little..

RCracer
08-27-2002, 12:21 PM
My indiglow "powered by honda" window stickers make the same noise. It isnt really that noticable unless I set them to flash then it can get quite loud.

smufguy
08-27-2002, 05:38 PM
the buzzing is the indiglo transistor that vibrates. all watches with indiglow dials do that (mine does that). see if any patch like a sound deadening material would work if taped around it. there is nothing to stop the noise electornically.