PDA

View Full Version : Why are DC strut bars thought of as rare? i see tons for $150

frantik
07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok, why does everyone say that DC strut tower bars are rare?

They're listed for sale on over 20 sites (http://www.google.com/search?q=HTA3006).. i can't believe all of them are sold out. The going price is about $150+ship too. People talk about them being rare and expensive but it seems like they're plentyful and getting cheaper hehe

bullard123
07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow someone should make this thread a sticky.

Cheeseburger
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
sorry to burst the bubble but i don't think they have them. i tried to check out some of them and they said out of stock. one of the sites said that they had it but i AIM them to ask if they really had them and they said no

cheeseburger: hi, i would like to know if you guys have in stock a DC Sports Front Strut Bar for a 1986-89 ACCORD
importpartsgabe: no we dont.....
importpartsgabe: we would have to order that...
importpartsgabe: and it might be discontinued...
cheeseburger: ya thats what i thought, dc discontinued them a few years back. but i say in ur web site that the were in stock.
importpartsgabe: yeah...the website guy hasnt updated our site yet...sorry...
cheeseburger: ok thank you
importpartsgabe: no prob

most of the sites order from the manufacture when they get a order, so sometimes they don't have it in stock

TWOLOUDNPROUD
07-20-2006, 02:48 PM
DcSport dont even list it on there site so it no longer available any more those web sites may list it but they can not get it they will tell you they have it but when you buy it from them they will tell you they can not get it then it take forever to get your money back if you do. Here Dc web site http://www.dcsports.com/default.asp

frantik
07-20-2006, 02:52 PM
lol.. yeah now i know why. every place i've called so far just ordered it from the manufacturer. It's still listed though cause the sites don't keep track of when a product is discontinued prolly

i wasnt even planning on getting one i just wondered why it was rare when it seemed to be available everywhere lol

mkymonkey
07-20-2006, 03:19 PM
ok for future reference...when we say something is rare...just nod and say yes sir. the guys that have been here since the beginning know their shit....and have researched all this shit. plus thats another reason everytime someone asks about (ie) placeracing mounts we say SEARCH FOO!

so if i tell you that the H emblem on the steering wheel is rare to find you better say yes sir and take it like a man! in the ass and smiling! :rofl:

ok no more beer for me g'night

frantik
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
ok for future reference...when we say something is rare...just nod and say yes sir. the guys that have been here since the beginning know their shit....and have researched all this shit. plus thats another reason everytime someone asks about (ie) placeracing mounts we say SEARCH FOO!

so if i tell you that the H emblem on the steering wheel is rare to find you better say yes sir and take it like a man! in the ass and smiling! :rofl:

ok no more beer for me g'night

:rofl: i was just asking why.. and i thought maybe like some secret cache of strutbars had been uncovered and all of the sudden they were plentiful. a guy can dream cant he :violin:

crazykamper
07-20-2006, 04:09 PM
lol. the monkey is drunk. lol. sorry to jack thread. lol. (monkey is weak, gets drunk after 6 {was it that})

MessyHonda
07-20-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah sucks for you guys...i got mine on craigslist cheap...hey tommy so wuts up with the car? u get the b20 in yet? i want to lower mine thats why. thanks

86AccordLxi
07-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I also picked mine up for cheap...$35 off of ebay locally. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. The front of the 3geez doesn't need any more stiffness--it just makes the car push (even) more.

Alex

MessyHonda
07-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I also picked mine up for cheap...$35 off of ebay locally. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. The front of the 3geez doesn't need any more stiffness--it just makes the car push (even) more.

Alex

how about when you turn...all that body roll and stuff.

86AccordLxi
07-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Sure it stiffened up the front end and felt more solid, but it pushed more. I kept it on cause it was a rare 3g part :P but I didn't really like what it did to the car.

Alex

bullard123
07-20-2006, 04:59 PM
:rofl: i was just asking why.. and i thought maybe like some secret cache of strutbars had been uncovered and all of the sudden they were plentiful. a guy can dream cant he :violin:

Hey no harm done dude. At least you are trying.

MessyHonda
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey no harm done dude. At least you are trying.

so yeah when will we see that b20 under that strut bar....lol its going to be one fast hatch

mkymonkey
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
yes im weak....6 beers gets me kinda buzzin so much as to the brink of seing double kinda....i dont drink much beer.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
07-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I still have my bar for sale, lol.

Cheeseburger
07-21-2006, 12:20 AM
I still have my bar for sale, lol.

how dose 5 bucks sound mang:bong:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
07-21-2006, 12:27 AM
how dose 5 bucks sound mang:bong:
Ill pass

Cheeseburger
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
ok

Legend_master
07-21-2006, 01:26 AM
how about when you turn...all that body roll and stuff.

I would have to say that most of the body roll from the 3geez comes from the strut spring combo. My ST springs with Tokico Blues had a lot of body roll, then I upgraded to Illuminas and the front has no body roll. The back still has a lot of roll, but the ST sway bar helped with that a little. Once I figure out an easy way to modify rear struts from another car without having to slamthe car, body roll will be nothing.

bullard123
07-21-2006, 04:29 AM
so yeah when will we see that b20 under that strut bar....lol its going to be one fast hatch
Yeah its on its way now. It turned out to be way too expensive for me to pick it up.

3gn86lxi
07-22-2006, 10:45 PM

I think it's funny that all these "newer" members think they get on line and find all these parts for our cars. They think they hit the jackpot!
But, believe Adrian when he says if we say a part is not available.....it's NOT available anymore. Read a little, and the sites that say they have these parts.......THEY DON'T, they are not made anymore.

frantik
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
But, believe Adrian when he says if we say a part is not available.....it's NOT available anymore.

good thing krazycamper didn't listen to this advice cause now justin is making strut bars again :D :D :D

mkymonkey
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
i never said justin was never going to make them again. what i've always said was that either he isnt making them any longer or doesnt have time to :)

frantik
07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
yeah.. well i didnt mean you specifically.. i was just saying it was good krazy went against the conventional wisdom that justin didnt have enough time cause he just got some time :rockon:

Sabz5150
07-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Even the Ractive bars are hard to come by. They were discontinued as well.