PDA

View Full Version : B20 valves

rjudgey
07-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi guy's need to pick your brains again!! Found some stainless steel valves from Toga for B20A5 are these the same as ours there only $11.99 each what i was thinking of doing was using the 33mm inlet valves and have them machined down to size to fit the exhaust seats from 33mm to 30mm stock is 28mm anyone tried this at all? I suppose worse case scenario i'll have to pull out some exhaust valves and measure up.

Lok
07-25-2006, 10:26 AM
B20A2 has valves good enough to flow for 250+hp.

In my opinion dear rjudgey don't go for oversized valves, through would make the tuning of your engine too complicate.
Just do a P&P job with cleaning in the valve seats.
Honda heads are perfect from the factory as you also wrote in your engine built thread.
You can easy destroy them, high C/R pistons + race cams and oversize valves make the tuning very difficult.

Only if you plan to rev over 8000rpm try to find some titanium valves from newer vtec engines ( they have the same valve size with B20A engines) or valves from Honda motorcycles......but not oversize.

carotman
07-26-2006, 06:50 AM
The B20A has bigger intake valves than the B20A5 so it wouldn't work.

rjudgey
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Well i was thinking of using the inlet valves as exhaust valves the toga ones are all Stainless Steel go from 28mm exhaust to 30mm. BTW the B20A5 valves are listed as being 33mm inlet as well which is the same size as the B20A ones. The Toga ones were only $11 each so for 8 new valves thought would be quite a cheap upgrade. The extra air i'm planning on flowing any increase in valve size will help.