PDA

View Full Version : was this a good deal?

detroit313
07-22-2006, 06:04 PM
whats up all you 3gee maniacs! i havent been around in a while...(who gives a fhukk ,right?)
anyways, since my free time is SOOO damn precious i paid someone to do my timing belt swap....
i got ALL the belts replaced while i was at it. i paid $180 for the whole job. (i bought the belts) what do you think the dealer would have charged?
i had to go with GATORBACK belts by goodyear (lifetime warranty on all of them at least) because the OEM ones werent at the honda dealer in my area. they had to order them and i was gonna have to wait 3 damn weeks!
the OEM honda belt was almost $70 too!
i got ALL my goodyear gatorback lifetime warranty belts for less
my car is pushing 111,000 miles and i wanted to get it done asap before the thing went. i heard all the horror stories about that shit! (the original timing belt looked brand freakin new man)
so,was $180 a good deal or what??

87lxiaccord
07-22-2006, 07:46 PM
yeah sounds good to me is 180 including the belts and the labor if it is then it was a good deal

MessyHonda
07-24-2006, 02:07 PM
i paid 114 for all that... water pump, OEM honda timing belt, tensioner, and the other 2 drive belts....oh yeah it was free labor since my uncle works at mazda and we can use the lifts....took like 3 ours...i put on the adj cam gear but its need to be ajusted.my car has 136k and i just changed everything since it will be a bitch going back for something you could of replaced