PDA

View Full Version : AC question!

blazin3gen
07-23-2006, 10:56 AM
ok so the a c in my car when u first turn it on it gets cold but then the compressor shuts off and it doesnt blow cold air anymore but then maybe 3 to 5 mins later it turns back on again and it keeps doin that. pisses me off cuz it feels like i have a damn fan in there

88accordlxcarb
07-23-2006, 06:39 PM
How long has it been since your AC was serviced? Has it ever been serviced...?

It is possible you have low coolant in your system and it is tripping the safety switch in the compressor.

blazin3gen
07-23-2006, 07:56 PM
How long has it been since your AC was serviced? Has it ever been serviced...?
It is possible you have low coolant in your system and it is tripping the safety switch in the compressor.

the car had no ac when i got it i just put the comp in and everything it needed so it has been serviced by me :D

Vanilla Sky
07-24-2006, 12:12 AM
i'd say that you have a bad pressure switch.

Blkblurr
07-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Put a set of guages on it to see what the pressure is. Do you still have the original receiver/ dryer? If so does the coolant have bubbles in it when the compressor is running and you look at the site glass on the receiver /dryer?

snoopyloopy
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
ahh...i'm going to hijack this thread with some questions of my own.
1) a nippon/denso compressor has a four rib belt vs. the three rib belt on a keihin. is there any other way to tell without taking out the compressor?
2) the ND compressor will work w/ with either r-12 or r-134a, correct?
3) which port is the low side and which is the high side on the ac system?

Blkblurr
07-25-2006, 05:28 AM
The high side is the copper tube near the passenger fender. The low side is the hose near the front by the radiator. I don't know about the compressor diffs.

88accordlxcarb
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
The ND compressor will handle 134 and most other "alternative" coolant options(es-12a, freeze12, etc..)

snoopyloopy
07-25-2006, 09:32 PM
so do i need to get all my r-12 drained before using r-134 in my system or can i just mix the two? and has anyone tried one of those retrofit kits like they sell at walmart and pepboys by interdynamics?

Pico
07-25-2006, 09:41 PM
anyone tried one of those retrofit kits like they sell at walmart and pepboys by interdynamics?
I did on my old truck, It worked out great...
Just make sure you get all the old r12 out of the system, you can take it to a shop and ask them if they can evacuate the system for you.

88Accord-DX
07-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Change your receiver/drier for sure & blow out your lines with compressed air along with the compressor. Drop some PAG oil in your compressor for lube.
Use new O-rings where the lines hits the compressor also.