PDA

View Full Version : A/c Retrofit Valve Doesn't Fit On The Line

zeus
07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Bought a cheapo conversion kit from Autzone but I can't thread the new valve onto the low pressure line. It seems that the valve is too long and the threads on the fitting can't thread onto it.

Am I missing something here?

88accordlxcarb
07-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Some of those AC conversion kits are made for cars that have different adaptors than we do. Newer cars have different threads on the valves than older cars with an r12 style system. You can try to buy an adaptor, or buy a kit that is designed to go on r12 threads.

It is not a good idea to put r134 in with r12, if you want to switch coolants, you will need to do some extra work to ensure that your system will function, just a side note.

HondaBoy
07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
definately, get all the R12 out. not good to mix any refrigerant with another. as for your fittings, i'd say take them back and see if you cant exchange them. could be a f'ed up thread on the addapter, i've see that many times on various aftermarket and rebuilt parts. by the way, how much were the fittings? i need some retrofit ones for mine since i end up loosing some refrigerant when disconnecting the screw on fittings from the hoses on the gauges.