PDA

View Full Version : my 3g got totaled in accident.

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 07:47 AM
well my sis was driving the 3gee the other day (we basically share the car for longest time) and well, she got in an accident. all i can remember was running to go see if she was ok, and what hospital she was in, the car from one glance was really messed up,

basically i was driving and i got a call from my mom saying that she thinks that there was a car on side of road in trees that looked like ours.... so i hauled but with my friends car, and we arrived and sure enough it was the 3gee in the trees.....

i wasnt thinking at all but from one glance the car was hit really hard on the side (door/fender area,) and i dont remember anything else cause there was a million other things going through my head.

i would just like to say, be sure to drive safe, and pay attention to other drivers, BE SURE to wear seatbelt, cause if it wasnt for the seatbelt, my sis would have been dead for sure.

she has a broken femur, and her left shoulder hurts reallly bad from seatbelt, but luckly thats all.

i will be selling all the stuff that i have for the car thats layin around at home, i will make one huge thread.....

pictures will be up of 3gee as soon as i can get them.

A18A
07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
the good thing is that she isnt badly injured (but i dont know what a femur is so i could be wrong) by the sounds of it, she's lucky to come out alive. but how did the crash happen?

EricW
07-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Good you hear your sis is OK, sorry bout the car.

detroit313
07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
fuck the car...
good to hear your sis is gonna be straight!!

2oodoor
07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
i would just like to say, be sure to drive safe, and pay attention to other drivers, BE SURE to wear seatbelt, cause if it wasnt for the seatbelt, my sis would have been dead for sure. Quote

good advice
seat belts keep you in the drivers seat, when someone hits you, you can be pitched over to the other side of the car, and then no bodys driving and you could still be rolling.

keruhas184
07-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Good luck to your sister, hope she recovers alright. The car doesn't matter, your life and health matters. I wouldn't call braking a femur and injuring a sholder a light injury. For those who don't know what a femur is:

www.joelertola.com/grfx/grfx_new/femur.jpg

Pico
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
all that matters is your sister is alive, you can always find another car..

Cheeseburger
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
oh bro I'm really sorry to hear about your sister in that accident. i hope she gets better man. it really sucks to hear that your car is totaled too.

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
i will post up pics in a few min, can i email them to someone and someon post them?? i dont have time right now to deal with it...

sis is doing ok, i was at the hostpal with her right now for a while, she is in lots of pain, and the morphine is making her sick as hell, but yeah. thats about it.

Cheeseburger
07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
[email protected]

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:21 PM
im sending them to overdosed. thanks though. if only neighbors internet was stronger. lol.

Cheeseburger
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
ok bro

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
i sent pics to overdosed, they should be up shortly i hope! it looks worse in real life i tell you now,

ZackieDarko
07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
im sending them to overdosed. thanks though. if only neighbors internet was stronger. lol.

leeching internet FTW!

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:32 PM
lol. we dont have enough money at the moment to pay for internet or almost any other thing, so im using neighbors, but its my friends internet, and he dont mind, so its all good. i gave him the router, so what ever.

A18A
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
damn your sister is lucky:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/6dedbb1c.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/ec2b0cca.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/4cd7fc9c.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/6e104526.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/e9b0158e.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/bdaba94e.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/d45e7027.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/42dc58df.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/6c7b1304.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/fe4ba17d.jpg

A18A
07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/03eb79d9.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/6e807030.jpg

PS: looks like i beat you to it ay cheeseburger :D

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:41 PM
hell yes she is lucky, when she got in the accident, she was concious (however you spell that) through the whole thing. with the broken leg, she moved herself to the passenger seat. amazing thing is that right now, when i saw the car, i could barely get my had through the whole where both her legs were.

Cheeseburger
07-24-2006, 12:47 PM
wow bro thats insane!!!!

keruhas184
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Damn. That car sure is totaled.

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah it is, i hate towing places too!!!! (sorry monkey. lol)

my alarm system that i just bought, was all in the trunk, more than 1/2 the stuff is missing, so i took out whatever was left in the car, so that if anything they wouldnt be able to resell the crap.... they also took my power inverter, cause that is nowhere to be found(also in the trunk....) freakin poop, luckly i didnt have the amp in there, that could have caused MAJOR problems, with flying around and hitting things from accident....

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
oh, guess what, car had liability insurance (cause parents decided no point in putting more money into insurance every year than car is worth!) so i guess we are off to a great start!

frantik
07-24-2006, 12:53 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.............. glad your sis mde it out alive dude! :(

89l_x_i
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Damn dude your sister is super lucky she must of had a guardian angel with her on the passenger seat cuz that looks like a deadly hit. Glad to hear she is at least ok very lucky indeed.

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 01:03 PM
lol. i sent my bro the pics, and he is all, what, was she trying to do Fast and the Furious??? lol.

if you didnt notice, the black stuff all over the side of the drivers door, thats all rubber, so im guessing she hit the truck with her door into its wheel.....

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
my dad thought it was a very light hit (cause my friend that i showed up with there at the scene) told my dad, yeah, the door is hit and thats about it. lol. thats what i thought too, but when i saw the car, i didnt care at all about the car. just get me to the freakin hospital to see my sis!! my dad went with me to get crap outa car, and he almost fell over, he didnt know how bad it was, thought it was very small hit.

frantik
07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
how'd it happen?

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 01:10 PM
dont know completely thats the thing, waiting for report from chp.....

basically she got off oframp, and witness said that she looked like she didnt see the truck, then swerved to right, then to left to try to gain control, hitting the truck, then going into the forest area....

dad and i think that the truck was in the fast lane (two lane freeway here...) and truck was merging over, clipping her, sending her into the bushes (sis says she spun... and this would make scence then, cause the car was not near the off ramp, it was farther down the freeway. after a little bridge.)

we shall have to find out though!

crazykamper
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
aight, im gonna go to hospital to visit, i will be back way late tonight after surgery.

Cheeseburger
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
good luck man!

TdotWarrior
07-24-2006, 01:53 PM
good luck man!

^^ hope all goes well

reanimator420
07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
same here man sorry bout your car and hope to see you and your sis back in tha game soon

MessyHonda
07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
wow that hella sucks...the car took a big hit...wow man i remember some one here being concern about safety...yeah looks like we do need that roll cage after all. yeah sucks about the junkyard ppl taking your stuff...(sorry Adrian) hope you can find a SE-i. il check out the other thread to see wut your selling

conozo
07-24-2006, 04:57 PM
wow that hella sucks...the car took a big hit...wow man i remember some one here being concern about safety...yeah looks like we do need that roll cage after all. yeah sucks about the junkyard ppl taking your stuff...(sorry Adrian) hope you can find a SE-i. il check out the other thread to see wut your selling

yea, I made that thread a couple weeks ago. and the side impact was my concern. Now we know what can happen. We can all just drive safer to help that tho.

Im amazed that she didnt have any serious problems. Glad to hear shes ok and going to be fine.

mkymonkey
07-24-2006, 05:10 PM
wow...hope everything turns out ok...let us know!

and why does everyone keep saying sorry adrian? lol i dont work for a junkyard. i impound cars.....people pick them up a few hours later. i dont go through shit unless the car clears lien and i get to keep it.....just thought i'd clear that up :D

frantik
07-24-2006, 05:18 PM
sorry monkey

:D

TheWatcher
07-25-2006, 05:18 AM
yeah sucks about the junkyard ppl taking your stuff...
Yeah, some of the jy(s) here are famous for that stuff.

Ouch, I don't think I have ever seen a 3geez in that a bad shape (and I've seen alot of 3geez in the jy).

Your sister is lucky to have escaped further injury.

And I agree, the truck driver was probably at fault, I wouldn't be surprised if the "witness" was a friend of the truck driver. The swerving thing, mentioned by the witness, seems too contrieved.

Peace.

sinisterfuzzy
07-25-2006, 06:21 AM
damn dude that sucks. hope your sister ends up alright, that's insane your sister moved to the pass seat with a broken femur, i probly would of just sat there and cried lol. Maybe now you can get that V12 Supercharged Toyota Accord you've always wanted. lol

mkymonkey
07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
sorry monkey

:D

its ok...just dont do it again :bandance:

Hash_man_Se_i
07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Holy crap... Glad to hear your sister is OK, considering how the car looks she came out quite well

w261w261
07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
<And I agree, the truck driver was probably at fault, I wouldn't be surprised if the "witness" was a friend of the truck driver. The swerving thing, mentioned by the witness, seems too contrived>

Last summer, I got the first "at fault" ticket of my life in WV (I live in CT, and was in WV for a fireworks run). A big muffa tractor trailer was in the middle lane of a 3 lane intersection. The right lane was open, so I proceed to pull up next to the beast. The piece of shit TURNS RIGHT with no turn signals. I throw the SE-i in reverse and try to back away, but the rear wheel of the trailer grazes my left front fender (to the tune of $1600 damage). My son was with me, but since he was a passenger, his word didn't count. The trucker's buddy, in another truck right behind him, said that his turn signal was on, so the local yocal gave ME a $110 failure to yield ticket, plus I had to spring for the $500 deductible on my insurance. Sometimes you're just fucked and there isn't much you can do about it.

A18A
07-25-2006, 06:03 PM
bloody assholes :( these un-fair stories just suck
i would tell you our un-fair 3gee story, but i dont think anyone would be interested so that was just a waste of 30 seconds typing

crazykamper
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
well, my sis is doing ok, her surgery went well (thankfully) with minimal blood loss, she is doing better, hopefully should be walking on crutches tonight!!!! i wont see her for a few more days though, cause im up in oc at work. sucks. but its all good.

i need to somehow convince dad to bring the car home, cause either way, we will somehow end up paying for the toy yards place. i just know it, (prob cause we have liability insurance....)

A18A
07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
ur sis is recovering pretty fast :)

and would u be able 2 tow the car home on a trailer if the back wheels were on the ground?

crazykamper
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
thats what i am thinking, but thing is, i have no where to put it really, cause dad doesnt want it in the garage. but I do. that way, i could take like everything off, and sell whatever anybody needs (all the seats are nice and clean. lol.)

A18A
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
yeah you might wanna take out all cloth things like seats n carpets and all that so they dont get wet, should be ok to leave it outside just put a cover over it or something. does your dad not want the car in there at all, does he mind storing a few things or so? cause i wouldnt want smashed glass etc.. in our garage again, takes forever to get rid of it

blazin3gen
07-25-2006, 07:14 PM
damn bro im glad that she is ok thats hella scary man

dont take the car back its not worth it just sign the title over its not worth the hassel to part it bro

mkymonkey
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
just leave it at the jy...not worth it like blazin says. plus you'll get all these parts off your car and no one will buy them from you for some reason. lol trust me. if you really want to stay with the 3g crowd, look for another one.

glad your sister is ok. i hope youre telling her that we all feel for her and hope she heals quick!

crazykamper
07-25-2006, 08:28 PM
the car is not at the jy, its at the towing yard, thats why i was thinking to take it back,

maybe could store it at the field across from house or something. lol. my dad gave the idea of just taking it to jy right away, we could prob push it, its a few blocks down, just dont know about turning around corners and stuff. lol. as the front is pretty gone....

only prob is, theres a bunch of stuff i wanna take outa the car. i just didnt have tools on me. like speakers and lil things...... w.e. i give up. lol. at least i got one speaker outa there. LOL

blazin3gen
07-25-2006, 09:12 PM
the car is not at the jy, its at the towing yard, thats why i was thinking to take it back,

maybe could store it at the field across from house or something. lol. my dad gave the idea of just taking it to jy right away, we could prob push it, its a few blocks down, just dont know about turning around corners and stuff. lol. as the front is pretty gone....

only prob is, theres a bunch of stuff i wanna take outa the car. i just didnt have tools on me. like speakers and lil things...... w.e. i give up. lol. at least i got one speaker outa there. LOL

why?? they probly gon charge u to leave it there lol Just sign the title over to the tow company tell them u dont want it anymore they take care of it the longer u keep it there the more storage fee u gon get

crazykamper
07-25-2006, 09:50 PM
the thing is, insurance told us to hold the car, (no clue why. so w.e.) maybe they still wanna look at the car for some clues to the story or something. i donno. maybe we will just take car to jy and sign it over... might get some of the 2000$ total this car cost us scince we got it a year or 2 ago... dought it, but oh well...

TWOLOUDNPROUD
07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Forget the car as long as your sis is ok that what counts.

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 06:46 AM
I was going to say fix it,b ut then I saw the pics. That thing is effed.

crazykamper
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
yeah, anyways, the car is getting towed outa yard today, dont know where, as i am outa town. most likely home, or to the jy,

chainz
07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I know I'm late on this - just saw it - but I agree that is the most messed up 3gee I've ever seen (and I've been to a lot of JYs).
Very good to hear your sis is OK. If you can get it back home and have a place to put it I'd say go for it. You can sell everything off it THEN call a wrecker to come get it. You could probably at least net a couple hundred $$$.

3G Jester
07-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh common man..that'll buff right out...

:P glad your sis is ok.... being in the honda deffinatly helped. i know for a fact that those cars stand up in collisions better then a lot of the cars on the road today. hope shes doing well...

...btw....is she cute? ha...

crazykamper
07-26-2006, 09:34 PM
lol. pervert. lol. jk. i dont look at my sisters that way, that sick.

my dad ended up just taking the car to the jy, he was able to somehow get the hood open (he said it snapped open, when using a crobar ever so gently. lol)

so i guess its bye bye to my loved 3gee. :( . oh well, time to move on, i am VERY interested right now in a 94 miata... mmmm

mkymonkey
07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
dude a miata? are you serious?

you know miata's are the gay vehicle or the century right? lol

Pico
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
oh well, time to move on, i am VERY interested right now in a 94 miata... mmmm
DONT DO IT!!!
:wtf:

forrest89sei
07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
so i guess its bye bye to my loved 3gee. :( . oh well, time to move on, i am VERY interested right now in a 94 miata... mmmm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If you don't get another 3Gee atleast get another HONDA!!
if you want a open air car get a Del Sol!

only your sister would look good in a Miata

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kwag/Miatas/miagap02/barbie.jpg
http://www.miata.net/skidmarks/images/Pink.jpg

mkymonkey
07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
lol...good call on posting the gay pink ones to get our point accross hahahaha

MessyHonda
07-26-2006, 11:02 PM
dude a miata? are you serious?

you know miata's are the gay vehicle or the century right? lol

yup my uncle works at mazda and he has alot of mazdas...one day i asked him why he didnt have one and he said that girls and gay guys own that type of car.

A18A
07-27-2006, 10:33 AM
dude, get one of these instead:
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/0/22508000_full.jpg

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
dude, why the hell not a miata? lol. my sister has a new bug sitting in the garage, maybe thats why she crashed, over excited or something. (it was a surprise for her that mornin of accident...)

i like miatas cause they are small, and they are rear wheel drive, and they handle oh so nicely. i would NEVER get a del sol, if i got one for free, i wouldnt drive it, i would just sell it. lol. i dont know though, i still gots to save up some money, cause im not gonna get anything soon as im broke as hell.

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
oops double post. sorry

A18A
07-27-2006, 11:32 AM
s2k then

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
yeah right, i dont got that much money, if i had like at least 10gs, i would be driving a bmw. if i could get a good deal on an older 5 series, or like an older 3 series, but miata is like the cheapest i can find.....

mkymonkey
07-27-2006, 03:00 PM
dude...if you get a miata, you know im going to call you gay right? :lol: jk

forrest89sei
07-27-2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.gaywheels.com/2006_mazda_mx5_miata.htm

cndyapple88lxi
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
sorry about ur ride. Im glad ur sis is ok. I've seen modded ls1's for around 6-10k's on craigslist.

ghettogeddy
07-27-2006, 03:43 PM
http://www.gaywheels.com/2006_mazda_mx5_miata.htm
the truth about a miata:inout:

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 03:49 PM
dude, the miata is a tight car, and NO, I AM NOT GAY!!! bieng gay is just freakin retarded. i donno though, i still have a lil while to wait till i get a car......

mkymonkey
07-27-2006, 04:08 PM
we never said you were gay...well i said i would call you gay if you bought that car...and we're all saying that that car IS gay. which it is seriosly. i mean ive even seen an article on Automobile about the car being gay...and im not shitting you man

frantik
07-27-2006, 05:32 PM
bieng gay is just freakin retarded
dude.. not really. it's just the way some people are...

....and those people happen to like Miata :rofl: Even that gay car site article calls the miata a "gay icon" :lol:

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 05:37 PM
ok, maybe i wont get a miata then. lol. or maybe i just wont ever come back to 3geez. lol

dude, overdosed, a mini is my biggest dream, i look and search on the mini forums whenever im not on 3geez. i love them to death. if i could get one, i would get it in a heartbeat (as long as it wasnt way overpriced and beat to death like the ones in the us and on ebay...)

A18A
07-27-2006, 05:42 PM
i hope this is not another "gay" thread and i hope its not gonna get locked like the other one

and yes, minis are cool indeed, i think they be replacing the honda civic that teenagers get now days, i see alot of them down town with a chopped of exhaust :D.... minis - the new rice

as for the mx-5, only buy one if your never comming on the interwebs agen or if ur gay

crazykamper
07-27-2006, 05:57 PM
lol. i soooo wish i could have a mini right now, i want one with engine probs, cause i wanna do an engine swap (maybe they will give a lower price due to broke engine...) i wanna do a swift gti into it, just for temp, then, when i get filthie rich, i wanna do a vtech swap or a bike engine... (most likely in the back too!

3G Jester
07-27-2006, 06:22 PM
whats wrong with being gay? you cats use it like its a derogatory term or a sware. a word to make something "evil" or "bad"
biggots.

cndyapple88lxi
07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
eventhough miata's looks pretty darn gay, if u want one then get one. At least u be faster then most people on here.lol

Pico
07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
we never said you were gay...well i said i would call you gay if you bought that car...and we're all saying that that car IS gay. which it is seriosly. i mean ive even seen an article on Automobile about the car being gay...and im not shitting you man
http://fakegaynews.com/index.php/2006/05/survey-finds-miata-gayest-car/

smufguy
07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
holy shit that has to be THE most fucked up 3g i have ever seen. no wonder she broke her femur. luckly her other one is fine. it looks scary and it sucks we dont have air bags. :(

crazykamper
07-28-2006, 07:53 AM
yeah, for sure. ive seen 3geez that were pretty bad at jy, but this has got to be worst. bro and dad took it to jy, and they would barely give us anything, even for recycling...

A18A
07-28-2006, 10:08 AM
i would still like 2 kno what a femur is please :)

i dont see why jy would bearly giv you anything :S, still alota good parts on the car

ghettogeddy
07-28-2006, 10:10 AM
the femur is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femur

ghettogeddy
07-28-2006, 10:12 AM
and here is more from gray's anatomy

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/gray/subjects/subject?id=59#p242

frantik
07-28-2006, 10:15 AM
i would still like 2 kno what a femur is please :)

it's your upper leg bone which goes from your hip to your kneecap. Longest bone in your body

Justin86
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
All I have to say to all is that, those who think the miata is gay has clearly never drove one. As for that link that prooves the miata is gay read a little further and it will advise other wise. You may not be crazy about the looks but from an engineering point of view the car is a true sports car, minus the power unless you got the factory turbo. The response and balance of the car is better then 99% of factory cars and the shifter may be one of the best. Still my stock 99 runs a 16.0 1/4mile and with easy bolt on it can pull 1.05 g's. What does the 3g do again?

I'd say get the miata.

86AccordLxi
07-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I just read through this and was going to say the same thing. The miata may have a stigma attached to it, but it is one of the purest sports cars made. No frills and one of the best handling vehicles you can get on the market.

Alex

frantik
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
people are mixing their gayness here (:lol:).. cause gay guys like the car doesn't make it 'gay' as in it's a bad car. of course, if you're homophobic, the fact that gay guys like the car will be bad cause (gasp) someone might think YOU'RE GAY for driving it (omg)

i do think it's funny the gay car review called it a gay icon though. i never even knew it was such a "gay car" as in popular with gays

and i do agree with 3g jester than using gay as a derogatory term is pretty lame and immature at best and biggotted at worst. i usually dont say anything cause i come here to relax and not bust people's chops but seriously.. i mean who knows maybe some gay dude is rocking the sickest 3g ever but hates this site :lol:

(and yeah i played along so i'm not innocent lol..:slap: )

crazykamper
07-28-2006, 01:32 PM
^ thanks guys, i have seen ALOT of very nicely modded miatas, and by all means, the owners are not gay. i never thought of the miata a gay's favorite car, thats what the jetta is. lol. (i do like the jettas, just hate them, cause gay people make cars have a bad reputation. lol.)

86AccordLxi
07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Stop with the bigotry and leave the homophobia out of this conversation.

Alex

crazykamper
07-28-2006, 10:58 PM
umm, small words please. lol.

A18A
07-28-2006, 11:10 PM
i think he means stop with the hate?? and leave the gayness outta the thread??

Alex??

86AccordLxi
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

Alex

crazykamper
07-29-2006, 08:59 AM
lol. thanks. lol.

well, anybody have any other ideas on rides??? besides a miata, BUT has to be for sure under like 2gs. max.

86AccordLxi
07-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, you won't really find a miata for under $2k anyway, so that's a moot point. Maybe a 240, but those are getting harder to find in good condition under $2k. I dunno...sounds like you're getting another honda...

Alex

3G Jester
07-29-2006, 07:17 PM
ugh. whoever designed the miata wasnt eating their wheaties that morning. its so.....bland....and ugly. and ive heard from friends of mine that owned them at one time they have no power and handle like crap.

NOW...im not saying that it wouldnt be a good platform. im sure if you invested the time and money into the engine and suspension that it wouldnt kick ass..but i have heard from the owners themselves..they are crap.

forrest89sei
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
lol. thanks. lol.

well, anybody have any other ideas on rides??? besides a miata, BUT has to be for sure under like 2gs. max.

Well

3G Accord (DUH)
3G Prelude
4G Accord
1G Teg?
2G Teg?
Legend?
Vigor?

86AccordLxi
07-29-2006, 07:56 PM
ugh. whoever designed the miata wasnt eating their wheaties that morning. its so.....bland....and ugly. and ive heard from friends of mine that owned them at one time they have no power and handle like crap.

NOW...im not saying that it wouldnt be a good platform. im sure if you invested the time and money into the engine and suspension that it wouldnt kick ass..but i have heard from the owners themselves..they are crap.

Then the people you talked to are absolutely clueless. The miatas suspension is what makes it so awesome--these cars TURN right outta the box. They follow the same mold carved out by the British roadsters from back in the day, except the do it reliably and without eletrical fires. Going for a drive in a miata is one of the purest driving experiences ever (at least if you're really driving)--the car is incredibly rewarding because it doesn't have a lot of power so you have to make up for that with momentum. The stock shifter is pretty much as good as it gets, very short throws.

I don't like miatas because I don't actually fit, at least in the NA (pop-up headlights) models, though I do fit in the NBs. In any event driving a slow car fast tends to be infinitely more fun than driving a fast car slow. The miata is just a great drive if you have some backroads, autocrosses, or tracks to play on.

Alex

Justin86
07-30-2006, 07:49 AM
yea what the miata lacks is straight line speed it makes for in the corners. The great thing in they did come with a factory turbo and if not you can get aftermarket turbo or super for a very good price.

For getting a car around 2K good luck

bobafett
07-30-2006, 08:42 AM
yep i too am looking into getting a miata for a DD car.

i used to say they were gay cars too, i even convinced amber that they were, and now i cannot change her mind, even though i realize how badass they are now!

miata + tires + coilovers + sway bars == :D :D :D :D :D

frantik
07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
yo krazy theres a 3g in the market place calling your name :D

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=53794

stat1K
07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
amen to that frantik!

crazykamper
07-30-2006, 10:21 PM
nah dude, its a 4 door that aint my thing. but other than that, very nice lookin fo sho.

Tecknixia
08-03-2006, 04:45 AM
dont know completely thats the thing, waiting for report from chp.....

basically she got off oframp, and witness said that she looked like she didnt see the truck, then swerved to right, then to left to try to gain control, hitting the truck, then going into the forest area....

dad and i think that the truck was in the fast lane (two lane freeway here...) and truck was merging over, clipping her, sending her into the bushes (sis says she spun... and this would make scence then, cause the car was not near the off ramp, it was farther down the freeway. after a little bridge.)

we shall have to find out though!

Both of these stories don't sound right. Why? Because that car was hit HARD. By the looks of it, it was probably more then a 40mph difference... more like 50mph difference. Whatever hit the car was at freeway speed or greater! Especially if it wasn't a perpendicular hit like it looks.

Ouch, I don't think I have ever seen a 3geez in that a bad shape (and I've seen alot of 3geez in the jy).
Your sister is lucky to have escaped further injury.
And I agree, the truck driver was probably at fault, I wouldn't be surprised if the "witness" was a friend of the truck driver. The swerving thing, mentioned by the witness, seems too contrieved.
Peace.

Yeah, something doesn't make sense...

Btw, where was the truck? Was it a hit and run? Was there paint on their bumper?

I'm also having a hard time picturing the 2 lane freeway, the off ramp, the bridge, and where the trees were. Also what angle did the truck hit the car? A side by side swipe at same speed would not cause damage like that...

Edit:

Ok, so you're saying the car hitting the bushes caused the damage... hmm... if that was the case, she'd have to be going freeway speed when hitting the bushes... it still doesn't make sense... the rubber on the door looks like it was applied while the metal was folding, cause it seems to follow the ridges of the folds. Idk, I could be wrong.

... and I'm tired right now so I might not be making sense...

crazykamper
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
umm, it was the second trailer of a semi that hit her, the second trailer had to be towed because of the damage durring accident.

well, i called the chp, and they still dont have a report, they said Please Wait another 3-10 days!!! freakin poop, its already been 10 days.

Tecknixia
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm trying to imagine it, but by the sounds of things, you'd think it was one of those wrecks where the driver doesn't make it... I'm so very glad to hear that your sister is doing well.

Good luck with your search for another vehicle. Miata's seem really fun to drive, but they are very SMALL... things to consider are safety and enough room to put things in the car... other then that, I say go for it!

crazykamper
08-22-2006, 07:38 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/alexirkhin/Image102.jpg

another pic i found that my bro took! this one shows alot more than i thought was actually there!

Pico
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Crazy the pics not working
Never mind I see it now

MessyHonda
08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
yeah that is super unreal....is your sis doing better now?....any plans to buy another 3gee?

A18A
08-22-2006, 07:56 PM
could you still open the drivers door?

crazykamper
08-22-2006, 08:01 PM
no way, she crawled outa the passenger door. it barely opened... drivers i wouldnt even think about opening.

the poor 3 gee is in 3g heaven, it was taken to the jy that week, (the day this pic was taken..)

my sis is doing ALOT better, she is walking without crutches now, just cant do it very long, and limps every now and then!

im actually thinking of getting another 3gee, cause i dont think i would have enough for a miata, so i might as well get a 3g, and just save up and get my dream classic mini....