PDA

View Full Version : Any nerf bars for 3g Accords?

89StockLXi
07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I've searched for nerf bars/bull bars/ramming bars (whatever they are called these days) and haven't found any for 3G Accords. Anybody know if they even exist? :dunno: People out here park by braille and do not know the length of their own vehicle before they mash into the front license plate. :rant: Before somebody decides to go beyond the LP and drive over my hood, I was wondering if somebody can suggest where I can get these bars or have other suggestions. Thanks.

A18A
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
only bars i know of is roof racks, but if your that worried about it, i supose it wouldnt be that hard 2 make your own if you had a welder and metal n all that..

A20A1
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Bull bars, Safari Bars... Not sure but I'm sure you can find one.

If it's a DIY deal you might have them in 3 or 4 pieces. You bolt the supports to the car so it's spaced out properly and then weld the supports to the rack.

This might help... just look as the pictures.
http://fumajime.com/smi2c/diy/external_grill_guard01/external_grill_guard01_01.html

89StockLXi
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks, Overdosed A18A but I don't have a welder or anyone's I can borrow. And A20A1, your link was helpful. From what I can decipher of the article (my Japanese is rusty), this guy got a Legacy grill guard at an auction even though he preferred a Cardina (spelling?) or Ribelo (spelling?) grill guard? The price for something that is already made isn't bad -- 4000 yen -- which includes the fog lights. Even with all the other small costs for stainless bolts, etc., it's pretty good. Yeah, if there are other ready made grill guards that could fit on the Accord, that's what I'm looking for so if any of you find some, please let me know. :)

crwa
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Try this link: sirennet.com

Go to push bars and check out what they have, you'll have to fab up your own brackets. I really doubt you'll find something that is a bolt on like what your talking about, the only ones that bolt on are really for vehicles that are used as emergency vehicles, ie: crown vic, yukon, impala, dodge charger, etc...

89StockLXi
07-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Thank you crwa. Yeah I thought about the push bars on the police vehicles around here (similar to those on the website you referenced). I'm beginning to think you are correct that I won't find anything that'll bolt on ready-made. A couple of engineer friends know this guy that welds stainless steel so maybe I'll see about custom stuff. In the meantime, maybe I should buy a (*^&!load of the sirens and hookem up to a device that I attach to the front of the vehicle that'll get triggered when somebody gets too-o-o-o close. And maybe even have some of those flashing lights! lol