PDA

View Full Version : Updated pics after paint of my 81 3 door...

offthahook
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Man, It looks hella tight. Pics. don't quite do it justice. Very clean, very well done by the bodyman. I'm on the prowl for some 3 door exterior trim pieces if any of you has a way to score them. Hit me up and I'll let you know wazup.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403971

MessyHonda
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
yeah its clean...did he wetsand it and polished it yet? it does not look shinny but it looks like a brand new car. how much did the paint job cost if you dont mind? i did the bodywork myself on my car but i need money for paint

2ndGenGuy
07-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Looks pretty damn shiny to me. It's grey so it's not going to look all highly reflective during the day like a black car would. Looks REALLY good man, I'm so jealous of your 1g and that clock too! So you have a 3g 2g and a 1g?

And is that the stock grille? I don't think my 81 has a grille like that...

EDIT: Oh never mind, mine just doesn't look as nice.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Wow, car looks fantastic... nice looking paint job. Looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

offthahook
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks peeps. It is ALL stock. I even took out the Pioneer "upgraded" cassette player that stuck out farther then the hole. I put in a stock AM/FM OEM stereo just to be old school. He painted the rims the same color as the car and the underside of the hood is painted as well WITH the stickers left intact. He charged me $2000 for everything and he did a super job. He primed it like 3 times because he found a couple low spots that only show up after he primed it. If you look down the side of the car, you see ZERO waves, ripples, low spots, chips, etc.

It is very shiny, but the silver/grey color will always look "dull" compared to a red or black or any bold color. He also said he did something about the texture or flaking of the color coat that would make it durable since it is a driver (not a show car). Somehow, I guess you can mix it a certain way to get a nice shine that is durable. Plus, he said if we ever have to reapint a panel, the whole car will not have to be redone. It looks better than new because it is now a basecoat/clearcoat instead of just a one stage enamel. It doesn't look so "overcleared" that you know it has been done. It's just clean, tight, and classy. Like new.

The grille is original (he just cleaned it up). I have a 1G, 2G, 3G, and a 4G. They're all pretty clean, but have had some work done to them over the years. I spent $9000 purchase price on them. Do the math... I've had the 81 for 6 years, the 89 for 7 years. The others for a few years. Just a hobby that got out of hand!

2ndGenGuy
07-26-2006, 07:04 AM
The grille is original (he just cleaned it up). I have a 1G, 2G, 3G, and a 4G. They're all pretty clean, but have had some work done to them over the years. I spent $9000 purchase price on them. Do the math... I've had the 81 for 6 years, the 89 for 7 years. The others for a few years. Just a hobby that got out of hand!

A true Accord aficionado. :bow: How long until you pick up a 5G? Or do you even have a desire for one?

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 07:40 AM
5gs are bloated.

reanimator420
07-26-2006, 08:12 AM
5gs are the shit^

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Are you nuts? They're HUGE! And super heavy! No thanks. I like the small accords, 3g and under. :)

offthahook
07-26-2006, 09:22 AM
94-97 Accords suck IMO. The 98-02's are pretty tight and the 7G Coupe is on point. I like the old school stuff though. You know, rust, underpowered, and all that!! All my Accords are pretty fun actually. None are modded or anything crazy. Just clean old whips...

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I just hate how big the new accords are. They're huge, and really heavy. blech.

2ndGenGuy
07-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Do you have any pics of your 2g posted anywhere? I know you've done that Cruise Control mod to it, which is pretty sweet. But your 1g and 3g look so clean, I'd love to see your 2g. :)

EricW
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Wow that looks great, I would love to see it in person.

offthahook
07-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Do you have any pics of your 2g posted anywhere? I know you've done that Cruise Control mod to it, which is pretty sweet. But your 1g and 3g look so clean, I'd love to see your 2g. :)

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2166512

Now start hooking me up with some 1 and 2 G parts. That would be the sweetness right there.

bullard123
07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Looks reeal clean bro but thats not a 81. Looks like a 3gee to me

2ndGenGuy
07-27-2006, 07:15 AM
The first link at the very top of the page takes you to the 1g. Its definitely an 81.

2ndGenGuy
07-27-2006, 07:20 AM
offthahook:

Oh! Thats your 2g! I have seen it before. Now I remember looking at it when you posted about the cruise control. Very nice and clean man! I remember looking at your car and trying to figure out why it was one of the nicest looking hatches I've seen. Then I noticed you painted the lower part of the bumpers to match the body color. What an excellent thing to do! It really finished your car and made it look good. The Acura rims also were an excellent choice. Just makes your car look so good. Nobody would guess that it's an 84. :)

offthahook
07-27-2006, 11:45 AM
offthahook:

Oh! Thats your 2g! I have seen it before. Now I remember looking at it when you posted about the cruise control. Very nice and clean man! I remember looking at your car and trying to figure out why it was one of the nicest looking hatches I've seen. Then I noticed you painted the lower part of the bumpers to match the body color. What an excellent thing to do! It really finished your car and made it look good. The Acura rims also were an excellent choice. Just makes your car look so good. Nobody would guess that it's an 84. :)

Thanks man. I painted the mirrors (on the 84) as well. The teggy rims are from my 2000 Integra GS, which I sold awhile ago. The buyer was such an ass that I didn't give her the OEM rims. I really didn't want them, but I held onto them. Lo and behold, along comes the 84 with factory steelies at 13" and crap tires AND the 4x100 bolt pattern. That was all I needed to justify putting those 15" mesh rims on an 84 3 door. What a difference the painted parts, the tint, and those rims make. Not overdone, but a nice little upgrade. :)

Hazwan
07-28-2006, 04:12 AM
thats a nice 1gee you got there!

speedpenguin
07-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Damn, that's a nice 1G! What do you do with all those cars?

offthahook
07-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Damn, that's a nice 1G! What do you do with all those cars?

I just keep them in shape and drive them. The 89 needs some love, but the others could be daily drivers. Seriously they could. It's a hobby gone way bad, like giving someone a sniff of cocaine. I guess I'm hooked.

2ndGenGuy
07-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh shit, I'm getting the urge to buy a 3g and a 4g. I've always loved them as well. No, no no more cars!!!

PortugalFocus
08-03-2006, 08:32 AM
That car looks superb! Fantastic job on it.

Civic Accord Honda
09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
that car is mint i love the old clock dose it still work my 82 had a clock like that
what i think of accord
__________________________________________________ ______________
the last good looking 4door was in 1993
the last good looking 2door was in 1997
just my 2cents
ok back on topic

offthahook
09-21-2006, 05:54 PM
that car is mint i love the old clock dose it still work my 82 had a clock like that
what i think of accord
__________________________________________________ ______________
the last good looking 4door was in 1993
the last good looking 2door was in 1997
just my 2cents
ok back on topic

The clock does work. It is sweet watching the numbers flip down. But when I first got it, the clock didn't work and I was bummed. Fuse was good, but someone has disconnected it from the harness. I hooked it up and was llike "I should be a Honda tech." Old school stuff is so crunk.