PDA

View Full Version : my car's paint

sinisterfuzzy
07-25-2006, 07:15 PM
hey guys i'm prolly gunna start painting my car this weekend (or within the next couple weeks) and doing some body work, i'm just gunna do a black paintjob and remove those side bar things, anyone have anything else you think would look sweet? I kinda wanna get my car lookin' decent befor school, i'm defenately up to doing some body work but a body kit isn't gunna happen yet cuz of money. But any ideas?

sinisterfuzzy
07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
bump c'mon give me some inspiration

gfrg88
07-27-2006, 08:26 PM
shave the whole body, door moldings, handles, the bumpers, everything so it could just look like one whole. you get it?? so basically you wont see where the car's lines start or where they end ;)

3G Jester
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
umm...how are you planning on shaving the side mouldings? thats a big area when you pull those rubber bumpers off....and the rest of the car?

HondaBoy
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
yeah, i'm wondering how you are going about filling in the panels? are you going to make some patch pieces and weld them on then smooth them out? maybe shave the antenne and all the emblems. also, smooth the piece above the rear door. that'd clean it up. while your at it smooth out the bumpers to match the sides of the car since you're shaving the side pieces.

HostileJava
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
umm...how are you planning on shaving the side mouldings? thats a big area when you pull those rubber bumpers off....and the rest of the car?

The best way to do it is weld in larger peices of metal and then sand down and use very little bondo/putty/whatever to smooth it out. If you fill the whole thing in with body filler with an area that large it WILL crack after a while.

ghettogeddy
07-31-2006, 05:00 PM
well how long is a while if its 5 years then ill prolly be doing it soon but if its only gona last a couple years then no go

HostileJava
07-31-2006, 05:02 PM
well how long is a while if its 5 years then ill prolly be doing it soon but if its only gona last a couple years then no go

Honestly with that much filler, I'd say you'd be lucky if you get a year out of it before you start to see minor cracking.