PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy this suspension kit on ebay?

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 08:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250011069826&fromMakeTrack=true

Seems like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

w261w261
07-26-2006, 08:36 AM
The seller has a ton of feedback, which is overwhelmingly positive. But...feedback is usually given right after the shipment is received, and what I would do if I were you is try to contact some of the buyers that have had his stuff for awhile and see what they think now that time has passed. Particularly since these are crucial pieces, you don't want them to be pounded out in some backyard in China, with shortcut metallurgy or other ugly processes that will have something break or bend if you hit a big bump.

Because of the uncertainty attached to replacement parts, I now buy Honda OEM only. It's more expensive, but I'm willing to pay for the peace of mind. I make up for the added cost by not having to make a car payment!

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah, car payments are lame. I'd much rather have an older car that I own, than have car payments! Plus.. I dunno... I might be weird, but new cars just don't DO IT for me. At all. I mean, yeah, I like some of htem, but I don't love any of them. To me, my love rests with classics like Dodge Omni GLHSs, TSI Conquests, Old Preludes, chevy sprint turbos, neon ACRs, VW corrados, 1st or 2nd gen GTis, stuff like that. The new stuff... well.. it just all seems to luxurious, bloated, and heavy to me.

Cheeseburger
07-26-2006, 09:22 AM
interesting! i might look into those

mkymonkey
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
i say someone buy them and let us know :D

ghettogeddy
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
man if i had the cash i would pick that up today, after doing my struts springs and just finishing the clutch and flywheel ive noticed that my bushings and such are pritty shot so this kit is in my future, great find

BustedStruts
07-26-2006, 11:14 AM
ghettodaddy, I thought you said your car rode really smooth? I want to drop my car a little bit but not if it makes the other clunks more noticable.

ghettogeddy
07-26-2006, 11:16 AM
it did but after it was stolin it seems to be a little more loose like they just hit curbs and stuff even thought they dident

sumonesean
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
i was actually planin on buyin that too when i get the money, cuz the front susp. on my car is pretty shot