PDA

View Full Version : Best Combination?

BLck89accord
08-27-2002, 04:29 PM
What would yall say is the best combination of spark plugs and plug wires for our cars??? I've noticed that very many of you use NGK wires...and they are pretty easily affordable....and my question is.....why those and not the neuspeeds or magnecores or ractives or whatever else, not counting that all those are more expensive than the NGK's. Do the NGK's have more ampage or something??
Secondly, can someone PLEASE explain the concept of regrinding the Cam to me. Everyone's saying that it's one of the best mod's for not too much money. What takes place in the process, what can you expect out of it, and how much SHOULD it usually cost.
And lastly, have any of you ever thought about getting a port and polish done? Just wondering if its even possible on our cars. Seems to me like it'd clean a lot of that engine shit, but i know for one that its expensive as hell. Ah well. Anything yall can give me to help would be kool. Thanx.

Ryan C.

smufguy
08-27-2002, 05:01 PM
i dont know about the spark plugs, so i aint even gonna take a guess.

about the cam, regring the cam makes it hold the intake valves open a lil longer so more gas could get in your cylinder. so more gas means higher combustion and more piston downforce and hence more HP. IT should cose u and up of $200. There are aftermarket off the shelf cams that are adjustable.

about the polishing and porting out ur Throttle body. Yes its a good idea to do that, but its gonna cost a lot and find someone (other than ppl you know) to do it for you. If someone on this board, lives close to you and knows how to do it or have done it, its worth a shot. and even if u get the intake manifold nice and clean, ur engine and the insides are shitty as always. so u need a rebuild to get all the shit out and restroe it to the stock specs or even higher (talking about hp and torque rates).

If you got the money to do all this, i would suggest you just come up with all the costs add em up and look at the grand total. You will realize, u will be better off with an engine swap which would be on your gain.

ACCORD EX
08-28-2002, 03:47 AM
best combination for less money is NGK plugs and wires ! NGK seem to work fine with our cars !

MIKE