PDA

View Full Version : Is this a chatroom?

2oodoor
07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
I am a recent member and such as that but I do have a comment that rings a little negative. Posts such as "freaking retarded my space" is and example of nonsense that gets members to the point of this sugar high argueing I would expect from my 7 and 13 year olds. Like the recent threads of useless fussing of stupid crap , name calling,and then some where someones wife got insulted.
What is the point? Most of us including myself can take a joke, I can take an insult, hell Im a grown ass man so I dont take that kind of thing personal. Those things to not threaten my masculinity, ego, social status, etc. but some people it really get bent over that stuff and sometimes it is totally inappropriate.
What does myspace server problems have to do with our car forum? My point is , and nobody take this offensive because it is just my opinion, some of the posts originate from things one would find in a chatroom, its said, its done then, move on and we dont have to read it three months from now because it is just idle chatter. .
KrazyKamper I am sorry to use your post as an example to display my point. It indeed is not the one I am really annoyed with. You know
Peace yaw
:gun:

87accordlxi
07-28-2006, 09:14 AM
It's an offtopic forum on a message board. Most other boards have a forum where members can talk about anything they want. It's part of the community here.

2ndGenGuy
07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Its kind of like getting together at a car meet. You don't just talk about cars the whole time. Usually you get a touch "off topic" have a few beers, and sit around and BS. I don't see anything wrong with it. If people can come in here and rant about random crap, then they're more likely to be posting about car issues and things like that as well. Plus you get to know people, and thats a good thing. Maybe one day you'll talk with somebody about some off topic thing, find something in common with them (besides Accords) and you'll wind up getting a hookup on a part, or something crazy like that... Not that you should be friends with someone to get hook ups on parts, but you know what I mean.

2oodoor
07-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I understand. Thanks for illuminating the shadows of my concern,
It's all good
Yaw dont take me as stiff neck hard ass now ya hear.
I still stand by my point as to how the trouble gets started, like this past week.
My problem is I check the recent threads trying to find good wrenchhead techi talk and get sidetracked while reading a totally goof off thread.

87accordlxi
07-28-2006, 10:01 AM
If trouble gets started, that's why we have moderators.

frantik
07-28-2006, 10:14 AM
My problem is I check the recent threads trying to find good wrenchhead techi talk and get sidetracked while reading a totally goof off thread.

muhuhahahaha our plan worked :D

:welcome:

Cheeseburger
07-28-2006, 10:14 AM
back in the day we were able to get a post count in the "off topic" forum
*sigh* how i miss those days :( :p

2oodoor
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Post count....
Thread whore....
seems like I have more homework to do looking up these terms:bong:

2ndGenGuy
07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I didn't realize our posts in the off topic area didn't count. I was hoping to get counts for the inverter installation thread I posted, and the corvette brake thread, and the thread on the 95 civic sedan i fixed up... oh well :(

mkymonkey
07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
lol....

whenever these new age kids come at me with the're space language i always research their words on this handy dandy website called urbandictionary.com

explains things out we, in our age group, can understand :thumbup:

HostileJava
07-28-2006, 12:37 PM
That's exactly the reason that offtopic posts no longer count towards your postcount and why we keep offtopic discussions in offtopic. Pretty much any discussion flies in OT and OTX, the problem is people take things way to personally. I'm guilty of doing it myself occasoinaly. But that's why the mods are here. And people need to report problems to us if they are having them. Not take matters into there own hands. That goes for everyone. If a trouble is starting don't jump in an instigate, just send us a PM or use the report post button.

ChaseR
08-10-2006, 02:48 AM
I am a recent member and such as that but I do have a comment that rings a little negative. Posts such as "freaking retarded my space" is and example of nonsense that gets members to the point of this sugar high argueing I would expect from my 7 and 13 year olds. Like the recent threads of useless fussing of stupid crap , name calling,and then some where someones wife got insulted.
What is the point? Most of us including myself can take a joke, I can take an insult, hell Im a grown ass man so I dont take that kind of thing personal. Those things to not threaten my masculinity, ego, social status, etc. but some people it really get bent over that stuff and sometimes it is totally inappropriate.
What does myspace server problems have to do with our car forum? My point is , and nobody take this offensive because it is just my opinion, some of the posts originate from things one would find in a chatroom, its said, its done then, move on and we dont have to read it three months from now because it is just idle chatter. .
KrazyKamper I am sorry to use your post as an example to display my point. It indeed is not the one I am really annoyed with. You know
Peace yaw
:gun:

Hey heey, Augusta GA! Was there for AIT at Gordon. werd!

2oodoor
08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
was born at F Gordon Hosp. so was my son
Actually live in martinez , work in augusta

sinisterfuzzy
08-15-2006, 08:59 AM
someone do an Urban Dictionary search on Honda Civic

lmao

A18A
08-15-2006, 01:55 PM
so that was your secret? :lol:

3G Jester
08-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Thread Hijack!!!!

Arrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeseburger
08-16-2006, 12:51 AM
so that was your secret? :lol:

i dont have any secrets, its just that im on the forum all day everyday. and i love being here and talking to other people who love the 3rd gen accords

2oodoor
08-17-2006, 04:17 AM
i dont have any secrets, its just that im on the forum all day everyday. and i love being here and talking to other people who love the 3rd gen accords
:wtf: are yaw talking about ?