PDA

View Full Version : what would you guys do with a hatch?

sinisterfuzzy
07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
i might have a chance to buy my friend's 3gee Hatchback DX for $20 if he can find another car. What would everyone else on here do with one if you got a hatch for $20?

gfrg88
07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
sell it for 1000. and use the money to mod my other car. or just leave stock and use it as a daily driver.

ghettogeddy
07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
sell it to me for 40

Cheeseburger
07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
sell both cars and find an 89 fi accord

ZackieDarko
07-30-2006, 01:03 PM
i would make sweet sweet love to it

Cheeseburger
07-30-2006, 01:05 PM
i would make sweet sweet love to it

poor car:(

87lxiaccord
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
haha i would use it as a daily driver and drop it and put some minor mods like intake and exhaust and go full drag with a turbo set up on my sedan....:violin:

frantik
07-30-2006, 02:43 PM
sell it to me for 40 :rofl:

sell both cars and find an 89 fi accord
yep. after having an 88 lx and now having an 89 lxi, i think it's a waste to spend any kind of money on a carbed 3g.. even for maintenance. the money's better spent on a FI, preferably from 89 or maybe 88.

rjudgey
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
If the body is good i'd keep it, nice shape, lighter, and will handle and go faster than saloon.
But if body is bad, patch up quick and sell fast for as much as you can get, or strip it for parts and scrap it.

lostforawhile
07-30-2006, 03:26 PM
why don't you fix it up? who cares what you paid for it,it's what you do with it that counts. after spending countless hours and a godawful amount of money on this car,they are worth fixing up. you don't have to keep the factory carb you know. the dx is lighter has manual windows like a real sports car,and I think the interior is berrer looking.

lostforawhile
07-30-2006, 03:27 PM
:rofl:

yep. after having an 88 lx and now having an 89 lxi, i think it's a waste to spend any kind of money on a carbed 3g.. even for maintenance. the money's better spent on a FI, preferably from 89 or maybe 88.speak for your self:thumbdn:

frantik
07-30-2006, 04:04 PM
who else would i speak for? :D

im just relating my experience... i wish i hadnt spent any money on my old one cause as much as i liked it i like my new one better cause it's got a lot more power and mods like intake, sway bars and strut bars are easier/cheaper to do on an lxi

rjudgey
07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Thats no excuse carb ones are better for mods as they are so low powered it's easy to make them high powered, all you need are some better carbs, or convert it to FI with using a custom ECU megasquirt isn't expensive and fairly easy to do. And as stated before DX are much lighter no toys more fun.

MessyHonda
07-30-2006, 06:08 PM
speak for your self:thumbdn:

well i want to go both ways...i have a Dx and i love it to hell since it was my first car....but since i got my Lx-i now i knoe what i have been missing...the car passed smog after siting almost 9 months....the dx would be nice if it was fuel injected since it weighs less...you can feel that the lx-i is a bit heavy when i corner thats why i just drop mad money on my suspension and brakes...you will all see soon....and about the 20 bucks car.....just fix it up and sell it and get your self a Fuel injected model...you will spend like 500 bucks just to put out 120hp and with the fuel injection you could already be at the 140hp mark...with simple I/H/E, cam with adj cam gear and a B16 intake mani

guaynabo89
07-31-2006, 04:12 AM
If its in decent shape build it up.

hatches > coupes/sedans :D

sinisterfuzzy
07-31-2006, 07:02 AM
i like the ideas of fixing it up and selling it for an lxi, but there are NO LXI's IN MICHIGAN! lol i've seen about 5 in michigan and 4 were in the junkyard. So anyway i'll probly just fix it up and try to sell it lol.

ghettogeddy
07-31-2006, 07:22 AM
So anyway i'll probly just fix it up and try to sell it lol.
to me for 40 hahahahaha

chainz
07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
there are NO LXI's IN MICHIGAN!

:rly:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=205486397

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206331215

Legend_master
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM

I am glad i read the thread, because I was going to say the same thing LOL. Either way for $20 you cant loose. Even if it was a big pile of crap you could drive the hell out of it untill it died then part it out. I know alot of people need some hatch parts.

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM

:huh: its sedans> coupes/hatches

Legend_master
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
:huh: its sedans> coupes/hatches

Im sorry I cant hear you, your car has to many doors :Owned: .:)

guaynabo89
07-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Im sorry I cant hear you, your car has to many doors :Owned: .:)

hahaha.

yeah man if it works good and doesnt have any major problems you can slap some sidedraft weber/mikunis on there, slap some nitrous along with headers exhaust and nice cam and be pushing like 200+ if the engine is still in good shape.

If it blows after that youll be able to get the money back on those pieces I mentioned and start somewhere else.

Tecknixia
08-03-2006, 03:53 AM
I want a hatch for $20 :(

I'd take all the FI (fuel, not forced... heh, i wish) stuff from my sedan and put it in the hatch...

If the body was rough, I'd strip it first and take care of the body, then put everything back in and convert to FI.

lostforawhile
08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I want a hatch for $20 :(
I'd take all the FI (fuel, not forced... heh, i wish) stuff from my sedan and put it in the hatch...
If the body was rough, I'd strip it first and take care of the body, then put everything back in and convert to FI.it takes a lot of time and money to do that but it's worth the effort. I don't even care about the horsepower as much. a lot of classic sports cars had the same amount of horsepower,and no matter what anybody says I still say the hatch is a sports car. a lot of people confuse sports car with cars like a vette,a vette is a muscle car,yea it's a sports car too,but it's more of a muscle car. a sports car is about handling as much as much as power also being a lot of fun to drive. look at mgs and austin healys,etc. a lot of the early ones had less power then this car does.a lot of people don't realize mr. honda himself loved brittish sports cars,and he went through a lot of trouble to put that type of soul in these cars. if you look at a lot of early hondas you can clearly see the brittish influence. just look at the s600. the first thing I would do is spend the money and overhaul the entire suspension,you will be amazed at how well the car handles after you rebuild it. remember it has double wishbones at all four corners,thats still pretty sophisticated even by todays standards. in 86 on a front wheel drive car it was unheard of. the same basic version is still used today as far as I know,just with tweaks over the years. look at an 85 z car,it ad a suspension in front like the 85 accord. this suspension would compete with about anything on the road in 86.