PDA

View Full Version : Coolant

FORFREE
07-30-2006, 12:06 PM
there is a coolant hose unde neath the intake manifold we thaught it hooked up to the carb but know we are not so sure does any1 know wher this goes? pictures would be great thank you.

A20A1
07-30-2006, 12:50 PM
The small coolant line that runs under the intake manifold connect to the water pipe... and the base of the carburetor. Make sure you connect it to the correct line or you'll suck water into the carb and kill your motor.

Also if you don't connect the hose collant will spit out the back of the carb. :)

I'll show you a pic of where the hose connects to.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/cool_keihin.jpg

FORFREE
07-30-2006, 03:02 PM
i dont belive that is correct beacuse the collant is coming out of the house not the carb? what would happen if a fuel line from there to the charocal box was connected?
thanks a lot i need my car and i have been going crazy!!!

A20A1
07-30-2006, 04:05 PM
hmm, do you have the other 2 coolant lines on your intake manifold?

The charcoal box there is a fuel line and it is colored red, it connects next to the black screw.

The largest hose off the carb if the vapor vent line, that is black and connects to the charcoal cannister.

Also it might not come out of the carb right away if the gasket under the carb is blocking the small hole in the intake manifold that passes coolant thru the carb.

FORFREE
07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
thankls man that helped a lot the car runs now i just have to mess with the idle b.c i just rebilt the carb