PDA

View Full Version : my girlfriends car was stolen last night

3gmodifier
07-30-2006, 03:41 PM
well even when you install a $500 custom alarm system in your ride, it's only going to work if it is armed. my girlfriends 98 civic has been my second project car and it has been broken into a couple of times already. i know for sure we have been watched because every time it gets broken into, it's one of those once in a blue moon times ware she forgot to set the alarm. what are the chances that they would randomly choose that particular night. and when it was stolen, we came home for something and the car was there. she got some thing from the car and we left. she thought she armed it but it wasnt. we come back an hour later, GONE. i know the alarm had to be off because the way i install them is i take the dash completly out so every single wire is 100% hidden and unatainable. i always run two kill switches for the ignition, one for the starter, one for the feul pump, and one for the ecu. i have been doing this for a couple of years now and i can say that unless you have a tow truck, the car is not going to start. i can garantee that. it really fucken sucks that its gone. all i can say to every one else is that whether you have a cheap ass alarm or a real nice one. DONT FORGET TO ARM IT.

ghettogeddy
07-30-2006, 04:06 PM
well i know what ur going through mine was stolin 2 weeks ago and my alarm was set but it would of helped if the door trigger and the engine disable was hooked up well it is now

paso100
07-30-2006, 04:16 PM
F^*%&$&*$ ass%&$@!! out there, no doubt.
Here's what I'm doing: I've installed locking lug nuts to protect my wheels. My paint looks like crap now so my sense is my car isn't looked at. When I do repaint I AM NOT GOING TO BOTHER getting an alarm. What I am going to do is pay more for theft, comp & collision. Geico has a rider that you can buy that covers aftermarket items, but you have to purchase the comp&collision. My way of thinking is instead of buying a $500 alarm and STILL worrying about it, I'll pay less than that and be covered no matter what. I might also print up some LowJack stickers and put them on my window as another deterent.

Acid X
07-30-2006, 06:07 PM
That sucks fucking ASS! Oh well. Atleast its just a civic.. They're a dime a dozen. lmao.

No but seriously, fuck that shit. I'd kill those fuckers... Let us know if they find it.

A18A
07-30-2006, 06:54 PM
damn that sucks, you wired it up real good too, would be good if you had a remote shut down aswell but that might not mean alot now. doesnt matter how shitty a car looks it still risks being stolen, i was on the trademe forums and this dudes 3gee which was a rust bucket, had dents n shit and was completely stock got stolen, just shows thieves would want any kind of car :(

Cheeseburger
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
that sucks man.

lostforawhile
08-02-2006, 05:41 PM
why didn't you have it set up for auto arming? it's fairly easy to set up a fuel pump disconnect relay to arm automatically too. you set up a bosch relay to be normally closed,the fuel pump circuit goes through this side of the relay. the relay is normaly closed and the pump runs,you connect one side of the relay coil to the power going to the pump and the ground side of the coil goes to an armed ground source. when the alarm is armed,the relay coil has ground available,when the igniton is on and power goes to the pump the relay opens and the pump won't operate. when the alarm is disarmed there is no ground to the relay and the pump operates normally. this system is almost foolproof because it can be set up independently and all it needs to arm is a switch to switch the ground on. it's easy to bypass a start relay and with a manual you just push the car,this other way allows the car to start and run just long enough to make it stall in the middle of the street creating a scene.

TheWatcher
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the civic, but thanks for the 411.

I am paranoid about arming my alarm all the time. I've forgotten a few times, but always when I just stopped to run an errand for a few minutes, never at home/work.

There are alarms now that have LED screens on the keychain remote, so you can verify the alarm is armed.

Peace.

diegoaccord
08-03-2006, 07:11 AM
This is going to be my olny problem when I get to LA. I heard they steal Honda's rampantly.... If it even LOOKS like it has a useful part...it's GONE.

lostforawhile
08-03-2006, 12:59 PM
these cars aren't that popular so it's not as likely they will be stolen. what is mostly stolen are civics and acuras,they steal the acuras for drivetrain parts to make street racers out of the civic. I love these cars to death,but a lot of people consider them underpowered and fugly,I guess some of us have better taste then others. :)

nskforlife
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
man it's ridiculous what people will steal these days.

my faceplate got stolen off my cd player while i was at the Race tracks.
whoever it was, they were on a stealing rampage since they also stole a 78 ISUZU PICKUP!!! goes to show that nomatter how ugly, busted, or messed up your car is, it might be someone elses night on the town.

diegoaccord
09-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Now that I got a Celica, I don't have to worry about it! Nobody wants girls cars!

lostforawhile
09-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Now that I got a Celica, I don't have to worry about it! Nobody wants girls cars!
uh they are very popular to cut up for parts.

ChaseR
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah that thing is up on Blocks right now missing everything...

nskforlife
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
how realistic is it to make a hidden switch for the power to the fuel pump? i mean it wouldn't really keep my car from getting broken into, just from getting it stolen. like set it up as the cruise control button since i have plans on removing my cruise control.????

lostforawhile
09-25-2006, 07:31 PM
how realistic is it to make a hidden switch for the power to the fuel pump? i mean it wouldn't really keep my car from getting broken into, just from getting it stolen. like set it up as the cruise control button since i have plans on removing my cruise control.????
it's not difficult,use a starter interrupt too, if that gets bypassed they won't get far. no body is going to steal a car and be in the middle of the street with it stalled out of fuel,trying to restart it and trying to figure out wiring diagnostics. you can use the pulse sensor in the spedometer head to also trip a relay that causes an alarm to go off constantly with no reset. if someone moves your car the alarm will go off and go off untill someone notices. I still like the idea of using a set of those airhorns INSIDE of the car. it would be so distracting it would drive someone nuts. those things are so loud they are deafening.

nskforlife
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
lol airhorns would be funny. if i did that tho i'd set up a hidden camera and send it to every media station available . LOL

ChaseR
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
LOL you could also setup you car to DELIVER A POWERFUL electrical shock to the steering wheel! That would be awesome.

ghettogeddy
09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
LOL you could also setup you car to DELIVER A POWERFUL electrical shock to the steering wheel! That would be awesome.
it would suck if u set off on accedent

3gmodifier
09-26-2006, 07:44 PM
well a little update. the car wa recovered just about a month ago. it was pretty fucken bad. i'll get pics later but to make it short, it was reported to be up in the box springs mountain but they couldnt get it because it was in a 2oo foot ravine. so i went up there to look for it and found nothing. 4 days later it was recovered and we got to see it. they were not pro's by any means. the basics were gone like the new rims and aluminum radiator, head lights tails,and sterio. that was it. the rest of the car was completly demolished. the doors were overexstended to ware the door handles could touch the fenders. the front end was so smashed that part of it wasnt even there any more. the interior was completly ruined. all but two things. my custom installed prelude seats witch are worth more than any of the other mods combined. those dumbasses either didnt know how to take seats out or they were just stupid. i had to wait almost a month for the insurance crap and what not, then finally, although the car was already sined over, i was alowed to take the seats back. it was pretty fucked. its all good. with money we got from insurance and from a small loan. we got a 2003 civic coupe ex. it was babied and set up for show and go. full tokico udjustables, 17's, fully built motor. dc header, greddy from the header to the muffler. emaculate interior, with full system.( i'm working changing the system. no offense to rockford fosgate fans, but its all being replaced with infinity like my car), aem intake and a lot more. in all i think we are better off. the other civic was just bad luck. 5 accidents, none our fault, 2 break ins, and then the theft of the car itself. it was fuckin cursed. i will try and get some pics of both civics up.

MessyHonda
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
well at least you got a newer car. so does this one have alarm?...i thinking about geting the clifford 50.5 ...it has a 1 mile range so it pages u when the car alarm has been set off.

keruhas184
09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Good luck with the new car man.