PDA

View Full Version : The Most Embarasing Thing

ESDEEZ
07-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Ok lets have it whats the most embarsing thing thats ever happaned to you and your 3g?
after telling antihondaites (todays new word) that hondas were the most reliablie engines a honda motor bike breaks down out side their house.:banghead: the repair man comes and fixes the bike. Meanwhile our car refuses to start:banghead:. the fuel pump relay has gone and the next day our 3g is towed away:sadwave:
now its your turn.

87lxiaccord
07-31-2006, 08:04 AM
i locked my doors while my car was running on the last day of school and we had towait an hour forthe lockman to come and it tookhim 2.115 seconds to open it oh yeah and it was super hot outside

A20A1
07-31-2006, 10:33 AM
My horn button wire on my custom steering wheel came loose and bridged the connection so I was driving around with my horn going constantly... I had to try and pop off the emblum and fix it.

I forgot to secure my rear bumper bolts and the bumper came off in traffic.

Edit I also locked my keys in the car while it was running. :)

I also drove around with no dash and the cops pulled me over and thought I had stolen the car.

I locked my keys in the car while running and I didn't have keys to get to a screw driver from the shed so I broke inside my house and got a spatula :).

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I was on the freeway driving during rush hour in the morning and I ran out of gas on the middle of traffic. I was able to go to the right bank and wait of a tow trunk, having everyone look at you was embarrassing.

I was driving around in the freeway with no front bumper and then my hood flies open and bends in half and the hatch breaks off and the hood is holding on one side only. I was able to get on the right bank and waited for a tow trunk. Then he tells me that I was able to drive it with out hood and bumper

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM
i didnt say that i was going to a 3geez so-cal meet. thanks to mkymonkey i was able to get a hood that he had at his job.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1062.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1064.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1072.jpg

2oodoor
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
waz a fryling pan A20#1? pic on the sig not coming thru here.
I have not had the 3G but about a year so , so far it has to be the rare morning my wife decides to carpool with me to work... no that's not it (haaar) The guy I bought the car from said the carburator was acting up sometimes in cold weather. MOF I had actually had the car a couple of weeks as a side job for the fellow and it had not acted up the first time. I had sorta been looking for a toy or honda a while and this was an extra car for the guy ,anyway, we discussed/I purchased. About the third day I actually owned it, wife on board,(insert bobble head here) this sweet deal turned sour. In rush hour traffic, tensions high, the car decides it wants to run wide open, throttle stuck, its an automatic, I am smoking the brakes for about five lights, the oil starts leaking, smoke is everywhere, I am cussing out of every orifice, my wife is yelling, (like that ever fixed anything) I am pulled off to a side lane at an intersection under the hood, what the hell, I cant get near the carburator to bend, pull, break, plug ANYTHING because there are ninteen umthing fasteners on the breather. Bad morning, embarrassing in various perspectives. UH YA....finally the car must have got warm enough to quit the foolishness and it drove like a dream...until..the next morning.

that was right up there ..but the tops is the motor swap on the 68 F100, 6 on a stick to 351W auto...pinto shifter on the floor..backwards..P hither D1 yonder...first test drive she flys, barks second, wow this is cool...whooosh slam... wholly shit the hood wrapped itself around the winshield an I cant see anything.. main highway, Im doing 80 mph. I dont know how many times the back wheels left the ground, dude no power steering.. I got it stopped but what do I do with this hood. horns beeped, voices scowled, laughter rang, underwear changed

2oodoor
07-31-2006, 11:22 AM
I was on the freeway driving during rush hour in the morning and I ran out of gas on the middle of traffic. I was able to go to the right bank and wait of a tow trunk, having everyone look at you was embarrassing.
I was driving around in the freeway with no front bumper and then my hood flies open and bends in half and the hatch breaks off and the hood is holding on one side only. I was able to get on the right bank and waited for a tow trunk. Then he tells me that I was able to drive it with out hood and bumper
Cheeseburger, we musta been writeing at the exact same time, hey you know that feeling too huh.... boom boom out go the lights ! everyone should take drivers test blindfolded for preperation of these events

crazykamper
07-31-2006, 11:25 AM
nothin embaracing really, besides racing that porschce, (dont even ask why. i was screwing around with him, reving it all hard, and we both took off, God did he smoke me. lol) {new turbo carrera} lol

that was before the accident though.

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Cheeseburger, we musta been writeing at the exact same time, hey you know that feeling too huh.... boom boom out go the lights ! everyone should take drivers test blindfolded for preperation of these events

ya tell me about it. the good thing is that when the hood flew up it didnt break the front glass. it did make the rear view mirror fall down:rant: and i was gong about 80mph too and i was on the very last left lane :Owned:

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 11:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1083.jpg

2ndGenGuy
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Most embarassing thing:

Doing 90mph past cars, weaving through traffic, tailgating, flashing lights, pissed off, generally driving like a complete asshole.

Timing belt breaks, car slows down and I have to pull off the road, prop up the hood. People I pissed off driving by flipping me off and honking thier horns.

mkymonkey
07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
most embarrasing thing is when my water pump blew up...literally i screamed...oh shit! and there was this hot chick next to me....she just gigled. :(

Acid X
07-31-2006, 02:02 PM
^^^ Hahahah.

I think the most embarassing thing for me wasnt really all that embarassing..

The car just stalled at a light because of its current problems and i couldnt get it going... And i had a car behind me so after the third try at trying to keep it from stalling i ended up neutral dropping it just to get going, lol.

Guy behind me probably thought it was a stick.. Even though it wasnt.

MessyHonda
07-31-2006, 03:04 PM
lol at monkey....well yeah mine was kinda like acid when my carb sucked....it would die at stop signs and a bus was right behind me....i let off the brake and hit the gas when it died....the bus honked at me and it took me like 10 secs to start it up again and put her in gear....also i still had the same problem happen to me a week earlyer...car full of girls...they were in my econ class b4 lunch and they all wanted to go get some quiznos...so i tell them that i will drive all 4 of them....then my car stalls.....i tried to play it off and then my friend jennifer was like i didnt knoe you drove stick...i was like naw my car just acts funny when its cold...lol it was all BS tho since the carb was fucked. got it fixed like 3 weeks later.

3G Jester
07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
oh man abve you had it rough! and mike...maaaan...ill pm you my response....hahaha

Selfmindead
07-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I left the hand brake off at my girl friends house & by the time I woke up it had rollin down a hill & into a post

frantik
07-31-2006, 04:30 PM

looks clean bro! :D

uh my most embarassing thing would have to be ordering the damn arospeed bar without searching since it's now sitting in my house :( lol

HostileJava
07-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I guess my most embarassing thing was locking my keys in my car at a meet. There is a picture thread somewhere of me and the cops standing around trying to get it open at the meet.

newaccorddriver
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
for me it has to be my very first day driving my 3g accord, and overall my very first day ever driving without being supervised by some teacher. i was waiting at an intersection to turn left, and i look ahead and there was no car for 100 meteres. i immediately hit the gas only to have my car stall on me. i know how to drive stick, but this wasnt the case cause it was an auto. i almost caused 3 accidents in that 1 intersection by almost hitting the car in front of me that was turning to my right(he was on the opposite side of the intersection turning left, or right in my perspective.) cause of the loss of PS. the car that was 100 meteres ahead quickly caught up and had to slam on the brakes and almost hit me. and the car behind me almost rear ended me.

it took me a second to find the hazard signal switch, and the only sign of relief was the fact that my friend skipped class with me to check out my car, so he pushed along with me. it was embaressing letting everyone watch me push my own car and i felt sorry how i dragged my friend into this. that was the only time it happened to me though. almost feels as if i should have put a bag over my head when i was pushing it so nobody could see me cause not only was everybody staring at me pushing, my parents who were on vacation and bashed my 'new car' saw me pushing it and starting bashing it even more. i never heard the end of it until i told my dad he should fuck off cause i couldnt afford anything better at the time without digging deep into my pocket. his response, 'i WAS going to buy you a new car, until i saw your accord there'. my response, 'YOU FUCKING LYING C!@#K, YOUR JUST LIKE EVERY FOB OUT THERE TRYING TO PUSH EVERYTIHNG ONTO THE KIDS WITH NO GOOD EXCUSE'. his response to that statement was basically a blank stare cause hes never seen me this pissed off at him ever, and he kinda stood back from all the insults fearing that i might literally bash him.

kinda a long read, and kinda went off topic, but its basically true that i got into a fight with my dad after my car broke down. after that we basically drove home after i dropped my friend off and he offered to 'reimburse' me for my insurance and told me he would get me a new car when my accord breaks down(my E46 wasnt bought by him, and he lied even more to me after that)

Cheeseburger
07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
i had to drive about 20 miles to where the meet was like this, and i was getting stares like " what the hell is this idiot doing driving like that. crazy vato" lol

and then i had to drive like 60 mile back home late at night like this. and i didn't have a latch to hood the hood because it stayed with the other hood. Kevin had some speaker wires you can see it going down the car over the radiator. so i had to go really slow when i was driving home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF1083.jpg

cndyapple88lxi
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I have a couple.
one: My co workers and I were waiting for our store manager to open up the store. I got bored so I decide to do a "sideshow" in the parking lot. Instead of doing a real "whip" all i was doing was going in circles. When i was done my coworkers were laughing at me told me I looked like a complete retard.

second: At the same job, but different day, my friend and I were heading to work to pick up our check. On the way there, we saw a group of people that we know were standing outside the building. After we got our checks, we headed out towards the car. One guy told me to do a burn out, so after i back out, i did my infamous neutral drop (part of the reason y my tranny slips). I did a fair burnout, and i was coming to a 90 degree turn. I tried to drift that corner but luck have it, i went straight into the curb, destroying my passenger side tire.

diegoaccord
08-01-2006, 05:17 AM
I tried to race a motorcycle in mine. Then again, if you don't have 400 HP, then it's stupid in any car. I just happened to have tried it in the 3G.

More pics of HER:

conozo
08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Ive just locked my keys in the car with the stereo on cause i was showing some friends my system. As we tried to break into the car for a few hours i found another pair of keys in my pocket. Then the next two hours two other friends locked their keys in their cars. They werent so lucky to have a spare key in their pocket. hah

Other than that i followed a 3gee for a bit with its hood on the windshield. He came off the highway and was driving like nothing happened. His head wasnt out of the window or anything and he was going the same speed as everybody else.

3rdgenhatchDX
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I got pulled over on July 6th of this year, driving home i hit a racoon, and hit my brakes, my radar detector started beeping, a cop passed me and whipped his car around. the cop said i was doing 89 in the 55. I was embarrassed to say, "Sir, i don't believe this car can do 89."
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/3rdgenhatchdx/100.jpg
we all know it can tho :D

The ticket was contested, and dissmissed, i don't have to go to court :rockon: total was $290 i didn't have to pay.

HostileJava
08-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Other than that i followed a 3gee for a bit with its hood on the windshield. He came off the highway and was driving like nothing happened. His head wasnt out of the window or anything and he was going the same speed as everybody else.

Maybe instead of fixing the latch he just decided it was easier to cut a whole in the hood and let it cool the engine while it was down and if it flipped up he could see through it?

frantik
08-01-2006, 01:10 PM
how did you guys lock your keys in the 3gee? the front door lock won't lock without the key or without pulling the handle. so you have to deliberately lock it while it's running...

2ndGenGuy
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
You get used to pulling on the door handle. Thats what I do. I just pull the handle and push the lock button since its right next to the handle. Its really easy to do.

Cheeseburger
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I tried to race a motorcycle in mine. Then again, if you don't have 400 HP, then it's stupid in any car. I just happened to have tried it in the 3G.
More pics of HER:

are u talking about the girl?????

thats gio's baby sister!

:violin:

HostileJava
08-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Uh oh! (sits and waits for the next thread reply notifcation email with mouse cursor poised over thread locking button)

mkymonkey
08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
yeah thats gio's kid sister...i think she's like 12-13 or so. every time we went to a socal meet my gf and her would always stick together. for a while they were the only chicks lol

lostforawhile
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Ive just locked my keys in the car with the stereo on cause i was showing some friends my system. As we tried to break into the car for a few hours i found another pair of keys in my pocket. Then the next two hours two other friends locked their keys in their cars. They werent so lucky to have a spare key in their pocket. hah
was it a funny looking mexican guy,with a name that has to do with a piece of meat and a hamburger bun,also a slice of cheese. LOL :)

mkymonkey
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
lol i was thinking the same thing when i read that post ^^^

A18A
08-01-2006, 07:58 PM
i locked my doors while my car was running on the last day of school and we had towait an hour forthe lockman to come and it tookhim 2.115 seconds to open it oh yeah and it was super hot outside
yeah i locked my keys in the car twice, luckily not im public so i wouldnt call it shamefull but the second time i got the coat hanger out got the door open to find that the passenger door was unlocked, waste of 3 boring minutes :(

but the most shamefull thing that happened 2 me with my 3gee was umm when we went to the shops in the 3gee, with out the alternator, water pump, a blown head gasket, almost dead battery (the trip almost killed the battery completly) and the battery terminals were loose as hell. well we managed to get to the car park (going out our shitty driveway, around heaps of corners n shit) and as soon as we got there, over the speed bump the battery terminal jumped off and there were like 5483765486386 cars behind us (well there were only 3 but it seemed like that much) so i had to get out and push the car in the rain while mum steered it into a car park, done the shopping, had to pop the bonnet open it (and people from 100m away could see me with my problems) luckily for me i had a spare battery in the boot and my jumperleads but the spare battery was almost dead too it cranked though and it was starting to slow down as they do, gauge lights went really dim but it just started lucky for us it only had about 2 litres of petrol in it and it got us home yay. oh and we had to drive home in the rain without wipers or windows coz of the alt being dead. well we managed to get home with only a small puff cloud of blue smoke =D

and thats why my mother dis-owns this car, never wants to drive it again lol

oh and this time when we took the car for a drive with the cardboard bodykit :D but that was funny, and cuz it was raining most of it fell off anyways. well we went for a drive with the sideskirts hanging half way off, cool as scoop hehehehe pulled into get some petrol and these people in a van next to us were laughing at the car lol

oh and in my sisters mazda 626 we were going up a hill (almost 45degree angle) in rush hour when the car had torque converter problems (wouldnt have a clue what it is) the car would always stall when stopped in drive and well it stalled, put it in neutral started her up tryed to take off, staleld agen, started it back up, held the revs at around 7000 (first time the car had been in such high RPMs) and then put it in drive and completly stalled agen, so started it back up, held high revs and just slammed it in drive seeing the cars ahead of us already took off, left quite a bit of smoke too :D but still shamefull, held up about 7 cars

PS: you better reply to my post coz i spent a long time typing it!!!

conozo
08-01-2006, 09:36 PM
was it a funny looking mexican guy,with a name that has to do with a piece of meat and a hamburger bun,also a slice of cheese. LOL :)

Actually if i remember correctly there might have been a cheeseburger cooking on the engine.

Cheeseburger
08-01-2006, 10:32 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

JoGarcia
08-01-2006, 10:41 PM
The Most Embarasing Thing.Hummm. don't know if I should say...Eh what the hell, some of you guys were there and saw it anyway.
Ok. So we're on our Way up to Azuza Canyon for meet, (to those that have been up there, awesome road for you guys to drive but to many turns for me!)
Anyway, Mr.MkyMonkey was driving and started to mess around Swerving around while driving. well I ALREADY had migrane to begin with so I was dizzy already. well, funny Monkey made it worse, I told him to stop that I felt sick and he didn't listen, he tought I was just being a chick complaing about guys driving. So...next thing I know I tell him to pull over cause I'm really sick now.
And yes, I just opened door and Puked!! :barf: And of course since Monkey was showing everyone way up to Canyon, Everyone behind us saw.
Thanks Monkey! His Driving Always makes me car sick!
But It's all good, I can laugh about it now. :kekeke:Just don't take me back there again!

Cheeseburger
08-01-2006, 10:52 PM
The Most Embarasing Thing.Hummm. don't know if I should say...Eh what the hell, some of you guys were there and saw it anyway.
Ok. So we're on our Way up to Azuza Canyon for meet, (to those that have been up there, awesome road for you guys to drive but to many turns for me!)
Anyway, Mr.MkyMonkey was driving and started to mess around Swerving around while driving. well I ALREADY had migrane to begin with so I was dizzy already. well, funny Monkey made it worse, I told him to stop that I felt sick and he didn't listen, he tought I was just being a chick complaing about guys driving. So...next thing I know I tell him to pull over cause I'm really sick now.
And yes, I just opened door and Puked!! :barf: And of course since Monkey was showing everyone way up to Canyon, Everyone behind us saw.
Thanks Monkey! His Driving Always makes me car sick!
But It's all good, I can laugh about it now. :kekeke:Just don't take me back there again!

lol he told me about that

mkymonkey
08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha she was so pissed! lol

A20A1
08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
The time I finally figured out what that black handle does thats under the steering wheel.

AccordB20A
08-02-2006, 02:39 AM
the most embarressing thing ive done is something all of my hondas just love to do.... that up and down bounding idle things. siting at lights its soo annoying i wish it wd shut up. is therte a cure for it grrr

TdotWarrior
08-02-2006, 07:56 AM
4 girls in the car and i stoped to get gas and the car refused to start back again for like 3mins -_-

accordlxi2.0
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
when i had my 88 accord, i was in the grocery parking lot.
i went out to the trunk, it was cold as hell so i had the door closed,
so i walked back to my door and it just locked on me!!
and i had the car running!!
my parents did'nt belive me.

my legend does'nt lock the doors if it's open, key's in the ignition when off and dorr closed.

well my dad gave me a jump and he was'nt aware of my car having auto locking doors.
so i went inside, while he started her up.
and when i came back out...he was like...do you have your spares.

another time was...my friend was like, hey look at that chick.
she was pretty hot looking and i kept walking while still looking at her....and walked right into my car....not a good feeling.

A18A
08-03-2006, 05:16 AM
another time was...my friend was like, hey look at that chick.
she was pretty hot looking and i kept walking while still looking at her....and walked right into my car....not a good feeling.
lol i can imagine sum1 doing that :lol:

ESDEEZ
08-02-2007, 02:57 AM
its been a year so bump

Civic Accord Honda
08-02-2007, 03:43 AM
would be when the clutch went out going up a big hill we where redlining in 1st to go 4mph we where on hwy41 so there was tons of cars behind us honking there was no room to pull of we had to drive that way for about 2 miles fine we saw someones driveay so we pulled in the 3gee was smokeing and overheatin clutch was shot could get the car to move again the transmission looked like it was on fire from all the smoke had to walk up the hill with out watter and it was hot for 12 miles no one would pull over finey someone my dad knew from work saw us walking up the hill and stoped and gave us a ride but there was only enuf room in the truck for 2 so my mom made me and my sister go up front and thay had to lay down in the truck bed for 5miles.

also b-4 the 3gee we had a 84 ford bronco wich had to have ran out of gas 900 times lol
decided to run out at a stop at at a busy enterscetion ppl start honking lol so me and my step dad get out and start pushing he see's a big step drive way and says where going to push it up there im like no where not he says yes we are im like its to hevy he said no its not so we start pushing it up the hill half way up the car starts rolling back and rools all the way down in to a busy road almost slam in to other cars lol after pissing ppl off we push it over to the side of the busy road and my step dad says stay here with the truck so a cop dont come and tow and im going to go run and get the gas can so as i wait i get fliped off sodas thown at the truck ppl calling me a bastard a fucker and a cunt so i got out stood across the st and waited for him to get back and go get gas lol

A18A
08-02-2007, 03:46 AM
its been a year so bump
no, its been 363 days :P

Toneloc5145
08-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Mine is not really THAT embarassing but I'll tell it anyways. I was on my way to the mall with my girlfriend. The roads near my house are smooth, but they get progressively bumpier as you get closer to the mall. Well I was driving and hit a huge bump and all of the sudden the whole car started to shake/wobble like the wheel was about to come off. I was in the fast lane doing 70 and I was close to the exit so I just kept driving and turned off the exit. As I was turning/exiting off the highway, I heard "clunk, clunk, clunk" the whole time. Well it turns out that my lug nuts on my drivers side front wheel were loose. That could've been traumatic if I had not known what was wrong. But it's embarrasing that it happened with my girlfriend in the car. I had to get out and jack the car up and all that crap on the side of the road and people were staring hard.

ESDEEZ
08-03-2007, 05:28 AM
i once walked into a car while moving when crossing the road.............U gotta admit it takes some skill