PDA

View Full Version : What stock accord would you have bought in the 80s?

frantik
08-03-2006, 02:06 AM
If we were back in the late 80s when our cars were sold new from the dealer, which one would you get? be sure to include year, color, body style and trim level. You can add dealer options & oem accessories but no aftermarket or outside your market (ie no JDM for USDM) stuff :D

:stick:

A20A1
08-03-2006, 03:16 AM
1989 Honda Accord LX probably in charcoal grey color. :)
The stock Honda Dealer bodykit
The cover/shades for the windows

A18A
08-03-2006, 03:26 AM
89 2.0Si, that busted blue color and deffinatly one with a oem equilizer :D

edit: probably a vigor to be different, i like the plate in the bumper idea, 89 2.0Si Manual, blue, eq, cup holders, digi gauges, POP-UP HEADLIGHTS damnit, elec folding mirrors, elec windows, power steering, elec sunroof, elec ariel, black interior, cruise control, elec heater controls, fog lights, that bumper thingy that makes it easier to park 8-) and rear wiper. thats all i can think of for now

deffinatly a sedan like said in the message below :D

frantik
08-03-2006, 05:04 AM
^ sedans for both of you?

I think I would get the green SEi sedan but i wouldn't want the leather interior.. i'm not sure if you could get cloth with an sei but i would. i'd get the eq (cupholders arent worth it imo hehe) and vent shades, floor mats too :D and hopefully the dealer would offer tinting :lol:

if i couldn't get an sei without leather i think i'd get the car i have now (montery green lxi sedan with tan/black interior) with the above options cause i really like the color inside and out. the only bad thing about tan is it's hard to keep it looking super clean. I'd also get some different wheels cause the basic lxi wheels are weak. those hexagon ones are pretty sweet though

A18A
08-03-2006, 05:10 AM
yeah i hate leather so much :( i dunno why people like it, i supose its just my opinion, but the only reason i like leather is cause its easy to clean, but other than that its so uncomfortable, hot on the ass, or freezing, sounds like ur farting every time u move, feels wrong, i could moan all day about leather but nah. thats just my opinion though, others will think differently

frantik
08-03-2006, 05:12 AM
leather looks nicer and doesn't stain as easily, but thats where the advantages end imo

ok im changing the rules you can have jdm stuff too lol

i would get the maplight and digital gauges along with corner lights. oh and the yellow fogs :D

is there anything left? haha oh the sunroof visor. theres the car bra but i dont think i'd use it.

MessyHonda
08-03-2006, 07:27 AM
i would get a 89 coupe Lx-i or Se-i with the two tone interior and Cd player. oh yeah it has to be manual. thoes are some clean cars. the OEM fog lights would work too...i got to find a set but not pay 200 bucks for a 18 year old pair

3ghondaerodeck
08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
I would have bought my car..
But with leather interior..
And black

So
1988 Honda Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX-i
Color black, interior black leather
front and rear spoiler
Yellow flip fogs (and change the yellow glass into white)
headlight washers
cruise controle
leather steering wheel
Heated seats
guess that's about it..

Vanilla Sky
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
monterey green SEi coupe, one of the sets of mugen wheels, foglights, and i would have fought to get an all black interior, but i probably would have lost. would have been a manual. no moonroof, and that's for sure.

2ndGenGuy
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Grey 85 SE-i. W00t for the original fuel injected Accord. 5-speed of course.

B16KILLA
08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
black,89,lxi,coupe 5 speed. No power steering or a/c....

detroit313
08-03-2006, 12:02 PM
i would have bought this:

http://www.buickstreet.com/images/richs-87gn-front-right.jpg

ooh my bad......what ACCORD would i have bought?

i would have bought an '88 lx-i 2 door 5 speed like the one i have now but in bright ass yellow(i know,they didnt offer them in yellow) or gloss black with a sunroof...
i dont care for leather like the se-i models have................

86AccordLxi
08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Brittany Blue SE-i 5spd coupe.

Alex

3G Jester
08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
89 Coupe in R-51..red...with bacl interior. the only year with that that color combo in a coupe. no sedans, no Hatches.

in 88 they released the red with black HB but no coupe or sedan. some of the HB's were built late in 88 and released as 89 models.

so i would have done the red coupe. sooo hot. again..it was a DX so it was carbed but im sure it could have been ordered with a 5spd.
either that or a red prelude. not an accord but if you took me with my affection for hondas and dropped me back then i would have done the red coupe or a red 2.0si lude.

mykwikcoupe
08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
looks like most here would have ordered the car i biult. I feel special now. Id order ir just the way I biult it. Monterey green metalic coupe with the 89 black sei leather interior. !/4 dins in the eq slot for the turbo and lots of shiny gauges up the drivers a-pillar. Lowered on a nice set of konis with sprint springs setup on a 4 corner dyno with my fat ass in there as a ballast. No radio as Id put my jl audio stuff in there and man would I be cool with the stuff that out today. I need to tint the windows but the cool stuff im still looking for Id have to oder. The power folding foglights, Ive got power folding mirrors and the b20a. Hmmmm

Oh one more thing. Too bad detroit but my t-bird sc owns that car in everything other than a straight line and its actually a luxury car. Gnx are way overrated. Who actually quarters anymore anyway. if its your car, send me some shades man, its shiny

newaccorddriver
08-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Brittany Blue SE-i 5spd coupe.

Alex

same here. as for options, probably fully loaded with everything possible. when your getting the top of the line model(in this case, the se-i) your best not skimping on any of the luxuries

89l_x_i
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I would have ordered an 89 lxi with black leather, fog lights, 5speed, digital clauster, everything powered and every single mugen part that mugen ever made for the 3rd gen accord in other words i would have order this exact replica:http: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48454&highlight=mugen+accord

offthahook
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
81 se 4 door of course since they didn't make the se in a hatch. Power windows!! That would have been so pimp to drive that back then

ZackieDarko
08-04-2006, 04:43 AM
JDM Super Stage coupe FTW!

baqnblaq
08-04-2006, 05:01 AM
I would have bought 89 LX-i coupe. Black on the outside and black and tan on the inside. 5 speed of course with the moon roof option. I like the hatches and my sedan, but the coupe I think is the best looking.

rjudgey
08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
oh man but thats a tough choice to call Definately last i'd have is easy the other three is too tough i'd have to have one of each.

Hatch (Lighter and shorter)
Coupe (Prefer the Looks but too heavy and too much rear overhang)
Aerodeck (Quirky looking but cool as different also good weight although still heavier than Hatch although not much in it)

Each one would have a purpose:

Hatch: Auto cross and track
Coupe: Cruising on the streets
Aerodeck: Drag racing as it look shit slow!!

Each one would have the same spec as little as possible to save weight!!

Mugen CF48 Wheels with Covers 15" size
Mugen Front bumper
Mugen adjustable suspension
Mugen Exhaust
Mugen B20A please oh yeah

Sorry but seats would have to go Recaros on all three.

Steve_Si
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
89 2.0Si, that busted blue color and deffinatly one with a oem equilizer :D

edit: probably a vigor to be different, i like the plate in the bumper idea, 89 2.0Si Manual, blue, eq, cup holders, digi gauges, POP-UP HEADLIGHTS damnit, elec folding mirrors, elec windows, power steering, elec sunroof, elec ariel, black interior, cruise control, elec heater controls, fog lights and rear wiper. thats all i can think of for now

deffinatly a sedan like said in the message below :D

Sorry man we never got the Si as a new car in New Zealand. Only way to get a B20A powered NZ car was to buy the 2.0i-16. No digital dash, they never went facelift (had the 85 - 86 JDM tail lights etc) and they all have leather. They kept making these here like this until 1990. Good thing is lots of them were manual, and NZ cars had even less restrictive exhausts than the JDM cars so they drove better too :)

The NZ 2.0i-16 was better than any JDM model

rjudgey
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
How the hell did you find such clean Hondas?? Does your GF still have the 2G lude? Not quite as nice as the U.K. ones but you do get the full monty Engine unlike our watered down version with only 137bhp!!

Steve_Si
08-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Well that was all about 5 years ago. There are just too many JDM cars here now, so the 3G accord and 2G prelude have started to disappear. The 5G Accord and 4G prelude are now the cheap models for people to buy.

ESDEEZ
08-05-2006, 07:13 AM
I would have bought a 2.0i 16 with heated seats and leather. I think that the 16 only came in red someone correct me if im wrong! I would deff have all the mugen options and tinted windows. digit gauges are a must and a cd player with sei like steering wheel controles and climate controle and remote locking with alarm!

snoopyloopy
08-05-2006, 07:37 AM
mine would have to be a mix to get the best of all worlds. 5 speed 1989 black/black sei-16 (:D). like the name implies, an se-i with a b20a in it from the factory. also, digital gauges, no leather, eq, window/sunroof visors, fogs, lip kit, jdm corners, power folding mirrors, and more goodies as i think of them.

Oldblueaccord
08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
the one i have now

88 lxi for the fuel injection higher rated hp and larger brakes

ecept i had to wait until 1995. ;)

wp

mkymonkey
08-08-2006, 02:37 AM
i would have bought this:
http://www.buickstreet.com/images/richs-87gn-front-right.jpg
ooh my bad......what ACCORD would i have bought?
i would have bought an '88 lx-i 2 door 5 speed like the one i have now but in bright ass yellow(i know,they didnt offer them in yellow) or gloss black with a sunroof...
i dont care for leather like the se-i models have................

lol i sold one of those (it is the pace car right?) about a month ago with a non factory turbo on it and some pretty sick wheels. sold it for 2500 :D lol paint and interior needed a tab bit of work. but it was a nice looking car man. engine bay was clean (and i mean armoroled shit) but he rest of the car was dirty with flaky paint and shit and torn seats.

anyway back on topic. 89 sei coupe 5spd probably black....though i dont think they offered it. and with all the freaking goodies, jdm everything lol then garage it and sell it to you fuckers for 50,000. wouldnt even drive it lol

AccordB20A
08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
if i knew what my car was like i would have bought one of them same year and all. 4 door b20a manual ayeeee but i was born when this car was made (1985) so yeah

Alexi3rdgen
08-14-2006, 05:17 AM
If I were able to buy any Accord, it would have to be narrowed down to two,

either a 1987 Charcoal or Blue LX-i Sedan, with optional armrest and equalizer, spoiler, and fog lights. (leather if it was available) with one of those crazy 80's "Accord LX-i SOHC" with graduated lines on the doors paint jobs or a,

1989 Honda Accord SE-i, in the Taupe, with the tan interior. Dealer upgrades would then include (but are not limited to) a CD player, spoiler, and fog lights. Also wouldn't mind the sunshade like my LX-i has.

Wes