PDA

View Full Version : lil honda rally car

81 accord
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
So i just got back from off roadin the honda and knocked a hole clear though my oil pan after caosting back to the road my car stated to sound like a diesel so stopped and ran to a 711 and bought 3 qts of oil so i could get home like 2 blocks away- i think it'll survive but now i have to run to the junkyard tomarrow and pick up a new pan before my parents get home on sunday- shit- :wtf: :thumbdn: p.s. hondas are very aerobatic

2ndGenGuy
08-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Aww poor little Honda. Hope she survives the surgery. I was thinkin about turning my 81 into a rallycross car. Hopefully the tracks are nice enough to not punch a hole in the oil pan...

labeledsk8r
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
dam that sucks, in my opinion the honda does do well offroad (to an extent, and dont know about the 1/2geez), and i had taken mine on a few limerock tracks and it was handleing 65+mph threw most of it. of coarse i had to buy all new trans axles and tires and such since, but the idea is allways in my head to make an accord to a rally-type car. good luck with the pan swap hope notihng else got screwd up.

81 accord
08-04-2006, 05:40 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

lostforawhile
01-06-2007, 10:14 AM
saw this old post and wondered if there was anyone who had results with this since then, same general idea. my two cents would be a dry sump oil system for starters,the pan is too close to the ground.

xvok
08-03-2007, 01:21 PM
or mount the engine higher in the bay.or under covering pannles for the car

knarg
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
make a skid plate?

xvok
08-04-2007, 01:24 PM
that was deffentley what i was trying to think of lol im retarded at night

Ichiban
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
For a kick ass skid plate, tie in to the rad support, under the x-member (bolt to this to increase stiffness), wrap under the engine and terminate after the steering rack. Make sure to give the back edge an upwards swing so it doesn't get hooked while backing up. Add some wear strips to improve stiffness and include lots of weld.

xvok
09-22-2007, 10:37 AM
i like making them out of boieng exceses they have this 1' honny comb kevlier and carbon fiber stuff come up alot light as hell and strong i like to use that and then add bolt holes so it is easley removable. made 1 for the srt-4 in the olympas raly