PDA

View Full Version : TeamAGR

TeamAGR
08-27-2002, 06:51 PM
:wtf:

I work as a 1st yr apprentice for Saturn, I dont have enough experience to crack this honda open myself but I do have the connections for work done dirt cheap. shortly after I bought the car I noticed after one occasional sprint, I was dripping oil like a coffee percolator from under the timing belt, I had done the valve cover the other day with silicone and it didnt work correctly, so the problem I have is I'm pretty sure its the crank seal but how do I make sure its not the cam seal or even the oil pan? WITHOUT first changing the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket thus exhaust hangers etc etc. it seems hard to figure out whats goin on under that timing cover and I dont know how to run it with the valve/timing covers off. has anyone had experience with this repair? I did some searches but still this I dont know. it seems so extensive, remove P/S,timing belt, engine mounts, seals (dont forget putting it all back) etc etc
this guy at my work offered to do it for me for around $100Cdn
plus parts, he told me to do it right the first time, so I think for $150 plus parts I could get the crank seal,cam seal,oil and valve covers done. what do u guys think? this babies at 300,000k and I aint swapping unless its a low mileage A20A3....

A20A1
08-27-2002, 07:28 PM
kewl... working for saturn eh.

you just have to eximin the head after its been wiped down, that way you'll know if it's the valve cover or not... then take the timing belt cover off anf wipe behind the cam gear as best you can... and chack if it;s the cam seal. if thats no it then either it's the head or it's the crank seal. or leaky oil pump