PDA

View Full Version : In dash screen where heater controls are?

conozo
08-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Im planning on getting a 8" or 8.4" lilliput touch screen for my dash. It would just be a normal screen, not a flip out kind but i want to mount it just under the air vents where the heater controls are. So the screen would take up the area the heater controls and the radio are right now and i plan on moving the heater controls to under the cigarette lighter and ash tray.

I have a DX so all the heater controls are levers.

My question is is how hard would it be to move the heater controls? Do i have to take the dash off and does anyone have a pic of something similar done so i could see?

A20A1
08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
It's not hard to move them... but they might not work once moved... you have to consider that they use little hooks on steel cables to connect the heater controls to the parts they control. If you move it then something could get in the way of the cables or the slider itself. Or the cable could run out of slack prematurely and not slide all the way.

You'll have a decent fabrication job ahead of you.

I don't think you need to remove the dash.

I had the controls removed entirely and ended up moulding some plexiglass to cover the gap then I was ging to drill holes in the plexiglass for my gauges, the plexiglass broke. I should have used my dremel instead of a drill and a big door knob hole cutting bit.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/SWScan0003600006.jpg

Acid X
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Isn't your car carbureted a20?

How can you have a a/f ratio gauge with a carb? O_o

And you come up with some of the wierdest ideas.

A20A1
08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
all the A/F gauge needs is an O2 sensor... and you adjust the A/F ratio with carb jets.

A18A
08-05-2006, 05:40 AM
nah you dont needa remove dash to get heater controls out. i do however suggest you either remove the heater completely or convert them to fully eletric ones so you can just slap them somewhere else without worrying about cables like A20 said. but thats just my opinion..

Hash_man_Se_i
08-05-2006, 02:19 PM
^^ Ya what these guys said... it would take a lot of work to make the controls work properly once moved.

I'm not saying it couldn't be dont, but it would be a pain to get them to work.