PDA

View Full Version : Prothane rear bushing kit fitment?

AccordEXI
08-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Has anyone else replaced their suspension bushings with the ones available from Prothane? All the front bushings fit fine, but the rear lower control arm kit, Prothane #8-312, does not look like it will work. The metal sleeve looks to big for the hole in the arm. Anyone have a similar experience?

bobafett
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
i thought i remembered something about keeping the metal sleeve IN for one of the bushings, it might have been the LCA bushing... would the bushing fit into the accords metal sleeve?

i wish i could be of more help, i am currently researching what bushings i can replace. :)

Legend_master
08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
i thought i remembered something about keeping the metal sleeve IN for one of the bushings, it might have been the LCA bushing... would the bushing fit into the accords metal sleeve?

i wish i could be of more help, i am currently researching what bushings i can replace. :)

from what I have heard, the rear kit is for a 4g and prothane believes they fit. This is not true, the 4g kit is much larger then the 3g's.

2drSE-i
08-10-2006, 08:38 AM
actually i believe it was lostforawhile that had this experience, and the LCA bushing has to be pressed in. i was actually about to research these bushings as well

ottomatic
08-10-2006, 09:21 AM
i replaced all of the fronts from this site.
from http://www.suspension.com/prothane-civic.htm (accord-civic),

rears come with new metal sleeve.

Legend_master
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
actually i believe it was lostforawhile that had this experience, and the LCA bushing has to be pressed in. i was actually about to research these bushings as well

militarymase tried to have them pressed in, and they would not fit. They are jsut to big. I am going to get some LCA's from the junkyard and try to make these things fit.

AccordEXI
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks for your replys and confirming my fears that they won't fit. Maybe I'll email the clowns at Prothane and bitch at them. At least they got the fronts correct. Bottom line is I will get these to fit, maybe custom control arms!

2drSE-i
08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
militarymase tried to have them pressed in, and they would not fit. They are jsut to big. I am going to get some LCA's from the junkyard and try to make these things fit.

ah the missing link to the story i was telling lol. guess i didnt finish reading that thread :(

Legend_master
08-10-2006, 11:56 PM
ah the missing link to the story i was telling lol. guess i didnt finish reading that thread :(

LOL, he was just as pissed as I was to figure that out. Nopi just told me that they were told they would fit by prothane (they did offer a refund, so not shit talking Nopi). I believe that we could expand the holes a little on the Rear LCA and make these fit. I dont know for sure though