PDA

View Full Version : question about SE-i's wiring harness

w261w261
08-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if my SE-i's wiring harness includes the plugs/wiring for the fog lights and the fog light switch, even though the car did not deliver with them? Thx.

newaccorddriver
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
probably not. the se-i had a differrent radio harness from reading carotmans fuel injection swap, so if thats true, chances are itll have a different harness compared to the typical lxi

w261w261
08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
I know the SE-i had a different radio harness, because of the steering wheel controls. But neither the SE-i or LX-i came w/ fogs as standard equipment. I would think typically that, because the fogs were a (dealer installed?) option, the cars (both SE & LX) would have been provisioned for them. After all, Honda made the switch and there's a knockout on the dash for it.

I guess if no one has the definitive answer I'll snoop around on the car or in the shop manual.

newaccorddriver
08-05-2006, 11:58 AM
there is a slight possibility, but my EXi never had the fog harness nor the harness plugs or anything for them, so i cant say for sure. i have the canadian version and its harness is a bit different, how different it is i cant say, but i know mine doesnt have the fog switches or anything.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-05-2006, 02:15 PM
No, I have had 2 se-i's now, and neither had factory harnesses for the fog light wiring.

MessyHonda
08-05-2006, 03:01 PM
yeah i think you got to put yours in since it was like a delear option so they did all of that after the car was delivered. i took out a harness from a car that had a OEM fog light switch. and it was a LX