PDA

View Full Version : moving seat mounts backwards

lostforawhile
08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
has anyone ever removed the spot welds from the seat mounts and moved them back any? after this long ass trip I need to do something. I'm going to finish hooking up my cruise system,but there are a lot of times where I don't like using cruise. anytime i have to drive for an extended period of time,I have to hold my knee at a wierd angle to press the gas pedal. the seat just doesn't go back enough. talk about flashbacks to brittish cars.

A20A1
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I made an entire custom mount for the driver seat and placed them further back... but it wasn't adjustable after that since I welded it.

Vanilla Sky
08-06-2006, 12:02 AM
do you still have the stock seats? if you do, then upgrade. get some seats that you like out of another car and build your brackets to mount them where you want. the ones from a 4th gen lude might work since they are low seats that mount flat in the rear. i'll get pics of the rails if you need them.

Derick

Cheeseburger
08-06-2006, 12:08 AM
how tall are u tim?

lostforawhile
08-06-2006, 07:31 AM
do you still have the stock seats? if you do, then upgrade. get some seats that you like out of another car and build your brackets to mount them where you want. the ones from a 4th gen lude might work since they are low seats that mount flat in the rear. i'll get pics of the rails if you need them.
Derick
the problem with that is I won't be able to use my upholstery if I change them,what I did was use 89 lxi seats and modify the tracks a lot to use in this car,it's a combination of the lxi rails,and one of the dx rails to replace the sideways rail on the lxi seats. it just took a lot of switching of parts around,and I had to make the lxi seats single locking like the dx seats. the reason the lxi seats double lock,was the fact that the belt ataches to the seat it had to be stronger then the dx seats. with the dx seats,the belt is anchored to the car body itself. I never did trust those belts attached to the seats. It says a lot that most manufacturers use belts attached to the body even today.

lostforawhile
08-06-2006, 07:34 AM
how tall are u tim?it's not the height thats the problem,it's my legs are too long to fit in the footwell properly even with the seat all the way back. if I was too tall I could have added a bubble to the roof like dan Gourney did in his gt40. LOL