PDA

View Full Version : Brand New JDM Front Lip for Later Model

epic1400cs
08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Recently my friend in Japan has managed to buy Original front lip for later model. He said that normally accessory parts are disposed after some years of end of production but this front lip is regarded as 'parts' for some JDM models thats why he could still manage to order one from Honda dealer. It may not be of any help for guys in US but I just want to let you know as an info.

Parts number: 71110-SE1-J01
Discription: Spoiler, Front Air
Price: 6150 Yen (approx $60US) + Bolts 3000 Yen (approx $30US)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/783000-783999/783843_176_full.jpg

Yeah, thought about sending it over to US for you guys but, as you see, it comes in huge box which crushed my hope.

ghettogeddy
08-08-2006, 09:40 AM
and its for a third gen and isent therea way to just bubble wrap the lip and not put it in a box for shipping or could u at least find out what shipping would be to 94509

carotman
08-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I got that exact same lip on my car.

It's a nice thing to have honestly.

A18A
08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
$30 for the bolts??? wtf??

EX-ileAccord
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
my old man gets snowboards shiped to our house all the time from all over the world, and the shipping's not bad at all. I would say the lip and the boards are around the same size but the lip is no where near the wight of the boards.

epic1400cs
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
I dont know the exact weight of the lip and the box.
Mind you the lip itself is light, may be 1 kg or so, the card board box is heavy in general.
Iif they are like 10Kg (approx 20 pounds), then Air Parcel to US will be 17650 Yen (approx $170US). Cheaper than flight ticket but more than the lip itself. :thumbdn:

ghettogeddy
08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I dont know the exact weight of the lip and the box.
Mind you the lip itself is light, may be 1 kg or so, the card board box is heavy in general.
Iif they are like 10Kg (approx 20 pounds), then Air Parcel to US will be 17650 Yen (approx $170US). Cheaper than flight ticket but more than the lip itself. :thumbdn:
so we do i group buy to cut on shipping how many lips can u get in a box and still keep it 170

EX-ileAccord
08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
I'll custom make a box and send it to you lol

2drSE-i
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
no what we need to do is make a carbon fiber box, send it over there and he can send it back.

:kekeke:

mkymonkey
08-09-2006, 09:52 PM
ok...what for? ^^^

snoopyloopy
08-09-2006, 10:33 PM
so basically $250 for an oem 88-89 front lip shipped to the us.

2drSE-i
08-10-2006, 12:16 AM
cuz carbon fiber is so lite y0!

reanimator420
08-10-2006, 02:57 AM
no, 250$ for the honda box, and then you will recieve a free lip

epic1400cs
08-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Has anyone tried to order one from US dealership? Before our car, say before US factory was built, all the hondas are built in Japan. Up to 2nd gen, all the parts are shipped from Japan. I believe there is a route to order JDM parts if you know the parts number - or am I too innocent?

One of my other friend ordered a bonnet at a dealership in Japan and no stock in Japan but one in stock in Spain. It was sent by air by next week with no charge.

ghettogeddy
08-10-2006, 07:45 AM
honda i nthe us would try to jew us and and make us pay for shipping but i will try later and see what the said but then again they did want like 500 for a stock raido\

EX-ileAccord
08-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Honda has been good to me latly i got 2 head light buckets for $20 the other day, witch i thought was pretty good.

Strugglebucket
08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Has anyone tried to order one from US dealership? Before our car, say before US factory was built, all the hondas are built in Japan. Up to 2nd gen, all the parts are shipped from Japan. I believe there is a route to order JDM parts if you know the parts number - or am I too innocent?
One of my other friend ordered a bonnet at a dealership in Japan and no stock in Japan but one in stock in Spain. It was sent by air by next week with no charge.
IS there a way to order JDM parts through a US dealership without paying exhorbanent shipping fees?

Hash_man_Se_i
08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
^^^ Most likely not, but there may be. I know people here have been ordering JDM parts from the nissan dealership at alright prices. I should check if honda can do the same, I've got to try another dealership though, the one I went to last time had a moron at the parts desk.

A18A
08-23-2006, 01:27 AM
hmm that lip looks like one of those protection lips that same your bumper from getting wasted when going over bumps and scraping it on the ground or something

epic1400cs
08-23-2006, 01:46 AM
IS there a way to order JDM parts through a US dealership without paying exhorbanent shipping fees?
Thats something I am interested in. From my experience

1) I can order EUDM parts at Honda dealership in Japan. This is purely because these parts are made in Japan. But, in Japanese dealership, they dont have access to the EUDM parts number. But, again, if I supply them with EUDM parts, suddenly they can order through their online computer system. Funny huh? In this case, I was told that there is no return if the parts doesn't fit but if I can buy same parts at 1/3 of EU price it doesn't matter.

2) One of my friend in JAPAN ordered a bonnet but was out of stock. A week later he was told one was in stock in SPAIN. A week later, it arrived back from SPAIN by air with no extra cost.

I dont know how their parts stock system are runing especially between US and Japan. My assumption is that if there is any Honda parts which is made in Japan, there must be a route to import genuine Japanese parts to US. Between Japan and UK for example, their is big route between Japan and Belguim EU HQ and there is constant delivery to UK. If I order a parts which is out of stock in EU, waiting time is only 1 week from Japan.

For JDM parts in US, obviously we are relying on their favour because it will be very unusual way to order a parts so you guys should find a friendly and helpful dealership. But one thing sure is that they are doing business so if they can make a profit, same as other parts, out of it there should be no reason to say no.

Has anybody tried to order by the way??

Strugglebucket
08-23-2006, 08:14 PM
not yet...

BITESIZE
08-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Dude, I paid 5 bucks for my 87 integra lip. Any more than $50 for a brand new one, you might as well let me stick my foot up your ass and let me shake your hand.

epic1400cs
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Dude, I paid 5 bucks for my 87 integra lip. Any more than $50 for a brand new one, you might as well let me stick my foot up your ass and let me shake your hand.
It cost $60 new already, though. Why dont you negotiate with US Honda like that? It might work. I am here to help you Sir.

MIK3
08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
I realize you were trying to emphasize a point BITESIZE...but I agree with the above post, a little easier next time k? Heh.

P|eszczoH
08-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Dont know how in US, but in Poland they order from the central warehouse which is located as I was informed in Belgium or so, and if the part isn't on stock there they order from Japan. They didnt do any problem with ordering parts, or
at least they say that something is out of stock, and can't be ordered even from Japan.
prices are high here is Poland, i pay more for Honda parts than for my Porsche 924S

RamThis
08-24-2006, 07:35 PM
my old man gets snowboards shiped to our house all the time from all over the world, and the shipping's not bad at all. I would say the lip and the boards are around the same size but the lip is no where near the wight of the boards.

That box would be shipped by dims, not weight. Shippers go by whichever costs more. By weight, it would be ridiculously cheap. But by dims, it makes them more money because it's a large box.

Still shouldnt be THAT bad though, but they way shipping has gone up so badly in the past few years, ya never know. UPS's cheapest option would probably be your best bet.

ghettogeddy
08-24-2006, 07:40 PM
like i said we should have someone buy like 10 of them stick them in one box ship them to the states to one central location then ship them from there

Legend_master
08-24-2006, 08:03 PM
if you look on the accessory part of the Accord part catalog, it list Skirt, FR. I checked with the dealership and they told no go. I assume that this was the lip that we see from time to time on the forum (actually epic1400cs posted the first one I had ever seen). Here (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=3DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ACCESSORIES+-+EXTERIOR) is a link to the catalog. What I am getting at is that we should be able to get any part so long as it is available. I will check with the Honda dealer soon and see what they can do. I would like to see the lip installed.