PDA

View Full Version : How Many 3Geez out there with custom Fabricated body work?

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Just wanted to know who was out there with custom fabricated body mods on their 3-Gee?
I've got about 300 plus hours of custom work done on my project, just needs to be painted now. Just waiting to get enough money together to properly lay down my 3-stage Candy paint I bought last year. Some of you might remember me from last year, ran into money issues and had to place my car off to the side for the time being. It's been a sad year, all primered up and ready for paint. :wtf:

Pics will come soon enough tho.......

MessyHonda
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
welcome back....i dont remember you since i just joined this year....but yeah i took a autobody class in high school and so far i shaved all emblems...and fixed the body i bet i got close to 140 hours of body...most of the stuff was first time so i took my time to get it right...im thinking of taking the class to fix my LX-i that i got a month ago. i want to shaved the door moldings but my uncle just said to paint the door moldings the same color of the car

MECM
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
^^^ DON'T DO IT. I haven't done it but it would look a whole lot better without the moldings rather than painting over them.

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-08-2006, 03:19 PM
welcome back....i dont remember you since i just joined this year....but yeah i took a autobody class in high school and so far i shaved all emblems...and fixed the body i bet i got close to 140 hours of body...most of the stuff was first time so i took my time to get it right...im thinking of taking the class to fix my LX-i that i got a month ago. i want to shaved the door moldings but my uncle just said to paint the door moldings the same color of the car

I say do what you want to do to the car, if the moldings are prepped right it should look good.

MessyHonda
08-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I say do what you want to do to the car, if the moldings are prepped right it should look good.

yeah my uncle is in the body shop biz....he painted his mazda 2 tone...everything below the molding is gold and the paint above the molding is burgundy...the moldings where black but now they are gold and they look real good...he also painted his side mirrors and they came out nice.

3gmodifier
08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
i have about 3 years of work done to my 3g. i shaved the mouldings,door handles, rear roof mouldings, antenna, all emblems, all of the door jams have been cleaned up, shaved the rear lower panel under the tail lights. gonna start workin on shaveing the engine bay next. theres a bunch of other shit too, i just cant think of it all right now. i have done so much.

ghettogeddy
08-08-2006, 08:37 PM
^ i want to see pics please

sinisterfuzzy
08-25-2006, 07:07 PM
yeah i'd like to see 3gmodifier's and Pro Mod Accord's pics, they both sound pretty mean

lostforawhile
08-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to know who was out there with custom fabricated body mods on their 3-Gee?
I've got about 300 plus hours of custom work done on my project, just needs to be painted now. Just waiting to get enough money together to properly lay down my 3-stage Candy paint I bought last year. Some of you might remember me from last year, ran into money issues and had to place my car off to the side for the time being. It's been a sad year, all primered up and ready for paint. :wtf:
Pics will come soon enough tho.......I know the feeling,I'm in the same situation,been working on just the bodywork for almost a year and a half. it takes a long time to get all the dings and dents out. I got rid of the antenna and rear washer,but i'm keeping the moldings. it's just an eighties look. also added the wing,did a lot of modification to the front and rear bumpers. mostly a lot of metal work to straighten out the body. it had been hit in the left rear corner underneath,so it took a lot of work to straighten out the corner,and put the hatch floor back right. also restoring the piece under the taillights was a lot of work, couldn't find anoher one anywhere.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p55e679002f4be080343c16e7c18957c8/eecb008c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p822049656c142c773a5992cdf01df046/eecb0024.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p60bc02dd5b2268ce2be91a6936e0e325/eecb0a8f.jpg
there are a lot more pictures by clicking on my link at the bottom of this page and clicking on the body work album

gfrg88
08-27-2006, 12:38 PM
^ i want to see pics please

theres pics of his cars in some of the socal meet pics threads.