PDA

View Full Version : The Internet and 3rd Gen Accord Parts

jennwv
08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Has anyone else had any problems finding the parts they need online?? I would love some advice on this subject, since my car is torn apart and school starts again soon. This isn't just a gripe, but I have been looking for an A20A1 fitting manual transmission (88 Accord LX) for awhile, and I keep getting directed to junkyards. Doesn't anyone sell used or rebuilt parts for our cars?? Ebay also has nothing, and members on 3geez have only suggested Ebay or JY.

My transmission is completely ripped to shreds (like no teeth on gears, etc) or I would rebuild it myself. A list of sites that would actaully have this part would be very much appreciated.

mkymonkey
08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
the only place youre really going to find a tranny is at a jy. seriously, you might occasionally see some on ebay but its not worth it with shipping. you can find one at a jy for under 100. maybe 120 at most. then have it rebuilt and you got yourself a brand new tranny! where are you located? if youre in socal i can help you out if you want. other than that dude...you really cant find them anywhere else. there might be a site or two that sell them that i dont know about but i dont think it would be worth it with shipping :\

EX-ileAccord
08-10-2006, 12:45 PM
I have a 5 speed and auto tranny for sale. shipping may be a lot depending where your at

jennwv
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
How much do you want for it??
I've got a quote here in WV that to LOOK at a PULLED transmission would be $250. I paid $590 for the whole car!
I feel close to having to switch this conversation to Technical and talk about a rebuild.... which is scary.
Also, I've called all the junkyards in the area... OH and Kentucky, too
no luck. : (

frantik
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
a 5 speed auto? i thought they were 4 speed

mkymonkey
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
i think you read it wrong....he said he has a 5speed AND an auto

MessyHonda
08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah that is alot of money....take a trip to california....they are like 75 bucks pulled....oh yeah they are going to have a sale on the 11th 12th and 13th...im going but i dont think shipping will be cheap

1ajs
08-10-2006, 07:59 PM
hmm owch.
we can get them from the jy for 60$ here (winnipeg) www.bucksautoparts.com its a chane of jy's across canada they have a price list on there site and locations of the diffrent ones across canada

might be of some use to you who knows

EX-ileAccord
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Whats the adress so I can chech the shipping

Vinny
08-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I picked up 2 completely rebuilt 5 speed transmissions from a company called mantrans llc. They have a year warranty and I havent had any problems with them at all. They arnt junk yard cheap but they are very good at what they do.

http://www.mantrans.com/

jennwv
08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
thanks guys. I've decided because of shipping prices to rebuild the one I've got. I've got a spare in my other 86 Accord, and I'm about to order the rebuild kit.