PDA

View Full Version : carb and intake manifold gasket changing

.:|3G|ACCORD|LX|:.
08-10-2006, 01:56 PM
so i need to replace my carb and intake manifold gaskets, we've found that they leak and could be the problem why the car wants to die until it's warmed up.

the problem is, there are too many lines and things on the carb and intake manifold for me or anybody i know to take all of this apart and put it back together and keep it functional haha. so can anybody please help with a step by step or something like that? i have a chilton's, but it really doesn't help at all.

any help would be great. i appreciate everybody for helping me out. hopefully this is the last problem with my lx. thanks everybody!

A20A1
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
The step by step would take me 2 days to explain... you need someone there who knows what they are doing...

Anyways lable everything you remove so you know where they belong.

Don't pull anything off of valves or solenoids if the valve or solenoid is plastic... in most cases you can remove the vacuum line from the other end... which is either connected to a metal vacuum port on the carb or a metal vacuum line or hard line.

remove as much bulky items as you know how... the EGR PIPE, Air Suction PIPE, and dog bone engine brace, braces under the intake manifold (two)
the distrubutor. Drain the coolant, save it. Remove the thermostat housing.

That gives you some extra room to work on the EGR and AS pipes.