PDA

View Full Version : swap ideas

TeamAGR
08-27-2002, 07:13 PM
I'm gonna prove how little I know about right here, but than again honda is all new to me. my bro, his little brothers friends in H.S they all got money and they keep getting these 'ZC' motors dropped in there 92 Civic's they say its like a Japanese Si motor or some ish, all I know is its dirt cheap and they say around 130hp I'd be happy to gain that lil bit, plus it might open up to some aftermarket?, I know in a lil civic or CRX they boogie
whats the deal behind these motors and anyone know of one of these conversions?

A20A1
08-27-2002, 07:55 PM
I think the ZC reved high... It's and old engine, you'd be better off with a B series.

TeamAGR
08-29-2002, 03:38 PM
what exactly is the ZC though, I did a bit of research and I thought it was the japanese engine code for the B series if that makes any sense. but after what u said...I dont know. I found the search option on this board VERY helpfull, more informative than just following the daily posts, but ZC is only a 2 letter word and it cant be searched. so any information or links to ZC motors would be incredibly helpfull. from what I hear theyre plentifull and cheap so they fit, I'm getting it fitted BTW I jus quit saturn TODAY to go work for a private garage in town. u learn more in a smaller shop, plus u learn to work on everything from mercedes V12's to mazda rotories

pric
08-29-2002, 03:49 PM
The ZC D16A8/A9 came in the JDM civic si and crx si also came in the USDM Integra LS/RS. It has the same bore & stroke of the B16A but is a non-VTEC motor. Yes you can get these motor's cheap they mad 137hp @ 6,800 & 108 ft/lbs. @ 5,700 with a redline of 7,200 and a compression of 9.6:1 A guy I work with got the motor/ecu/and tranny with LSD for $700 I believe. Not much power on the bottom end but once it gets up above 5500 it screams.