PDA

View Full Version : Acura/Honda wheel set

loko84hb
08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
was lookin around online and thought sumone might want these...

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=150

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/images/DSC01509.JPG

MessyHonda
08-14-2006, 03:09 PM
wow that is alot of money...yeah i have a set of thoes on my car and i paid 280 and it came with tires...wow every one will buy it since it says JDM.

2ndGenGuy
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Is it just the "H" that makes them JDM? I've got those on my car too. They go great on the 2geez. I've just got the Acura logos on them. Is there a set of "H"'s that will go in there that will fit from another wheel?

offthahook
08-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Is it just the "H" that makes them JDM? I've got those on my car too. They go great on the 2geez. I've just got the Acura logos on them. Is there a set of "H"'s that will go in there that will fit from another wheel?

I believe Civic Si center caps from 99-01 will fit. They are rare, though. The "H" caps you see on ebay for Accords, Odysseys are too big; they are from rims with a bigger bolt pattern. If the bolt pattern is 4x100 and the cap has an "H" on it, those should work. I have some Acura Integra rims (15" from a 2000 GS) on my 2G and I had to use center caps from a 99-01 Civic Si... I think that's right.

MessyHonda
08-15-2006, 02:06 PM

yeah off the hook is right...i have some Si caps...and yo can tell that the cap goes in deeper than the acura cap.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/Block%20cars/DSCF1989Small.jpg
its hard to see but the cap is like 1/8th of an inch deaper than the rim

2ndGenGuy
08-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah I see how it goes in deeper. I suspected that was what they were. The dealer said those caps were like $60/ea. I've seen a couple people in town who've done the same thing, and wound up losing them because they don't quite snap in. How firmly do yours stay in?

offthahook
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah I see how it goes in deeper. I suspected that was what they were. The dealer said those caps were like $60/ea. I've seen a couple people in town who've done the same thing, and wound up losing them because they don't quite snap in. How firmly do yours stay in?

Mine are firm like they should be. Perfect fit. They are $$$$ brand new and I don't know why. My set on ebay was like $48 for 4 plus shipping. I got REALLY lucky I think. They were going for almost $70 for a set at the time. Still a "good" deal I suppose... All my mounting tabs are intact. Maybe that's why people are losing theirs out your way.

EX-ileAccord
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
My buddy had gsr blades on his civic we just scraped off the acura symbol, got honda stickers made, and stuck them on. You couldent even tell the difference.

2ndGenGuy
08-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Good idea on the stickers... that would be the way to go $$$

Maybe everybodys losing them because they break the tabs off when they steal them from Civics LOL.

MessyHonda
08-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Good idea on the stickers... that would be the way to go $$$

Maybe everybodys losing them because they break the tabs off when they steal them from Civics LOL.

yeah on my old acura caps you can tell some smartass used a flathead screwdriver since the lip of the cap was busted....well my caps are the same size but they are just shorter...plus its harder to get to...

offthahook
08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I've seen those sticker sets on ebay. Might be worth a try...

EX-ileAccord
08-17-2006, 08:15 AM
yes im a genius, thank you. hahaha