PDA

View Full Version : Interior Paint/Armrest

Alexi3rdgen
08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey,

I bought a burgundy armrest, that looked good in pictures, but when I got it, the plastic was all scratched up. I'ld like to paint it, but I need to know what's the best paint to use on this, and is there any that matches the stock 88-89 Maroon LX-i interior?

Wes

frantik
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
where are the scratches? it's hard to even see the sides of the thing when it's installed

MessyHonda
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM
i am not sure if they have burgundy interior paint....i got a blue armrest and i cleaned it and it had a few scratches so i sanded them down with 400 grit sandpaper and then i painted it with Black interior/vinyl paint...it came out nice...i picked the paint since its flexible so it wont chip off

Alexi3rdgen
08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
The scratches are all under where the e-brake lever is. So it's really prominent. I guess if anyone wants to paint an armrest console, and they find the maroon one in good shape, let me know, and I can pay a little bit, and everyone wins? That sucks because my friend has a very equipped '87 Volvo 240 and we fight over who has the better car. He has the optional armrest, and I don't! So then when I can convince him to race our cars, I'll still win (the Volvo has like 114hp), but he can't outdo me in the accessories dept.

Wes

HostileJava
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Just go to the auto store and look for vinyl die. See if you can get it in maroon, if not use black, it will still match the trim in the car.

ghettogeddy
08-15-2006, 04:41 PM
The scratches are all under where the e-brake lever is. So it's really prominent. I guess if anyone wants to paint an armrest console, and they find the maroon one in good shape, let me know, and I can pay a little bit, and everyone wins? That sucks because my friend has a very equipped '87 Volvo 240 and we fight over who has the better car. He has the optional armrest, and I don't! So then when I can convince him to race our cars, I'll still win (the Volvo has like 114hp), but he can't outdo me in the accessories dept.
Wes
ya my 740 gle has like 130(maybe less) its kind of nice having that kind if power in a rwd setup that thing eould swing um

detroit313
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
dude,get DUPICOLOR VINYL AND FABRIC DYE
its the best shit period!
it doesent scratch peel or anything. they have lots of colors too.

sinisterfuzzy
09-13-2006, 06:24 AM
SEM OWNS Duplicolor, i have duplicolor on some of my dash and it's peeling off and has some runs :(

MessyHonda
09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
SEM OWNS Duplicolor, i have duplicolor on some of my dash and it's peeling off and has some runs :(

well duplicolor is cheaper i got it for 5 bucks a can and SEM for 12...i used SEM can and it came out the same.....i scuffed all my plastic pieces and then washed it with plastic prep. it looks alright....you just have to have a clean surface so the paint can stick to it.