PDA

View Full Version : Another ac problem.........

fcov
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
hey guys, well i just want to know what could be wrong with my ac. when i start the car and i put the ac, it starts throwing cold air. but when the car is fully warm the ac shuts off, and doesnt throw cold air. any help would be appreciated....

A18A
08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
so what does happen when its warm? does it just blow normal air/wamr air or something?

ghettogeddy
08-15-2006, 11:32 AM
sounds like u need a refill

fcov
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Well i just did the whole recharging stuff, and when the car is cold the ac seems to be working fine, but when the car is fully warm, it just blows normal air (hot cause its around 90 degrees around here). i replaced the ac condenser and dont have leaks, i checked carefully for any.

rick_spiff
08-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Grab the shop manual and do an electrical test. Sounds like something's coming loose once the engine is hot.

rick_spiff
08-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Wait, wait, check your heater flow valve (up next to the firewall in the engine compartment). If it's broken you can't stop hot engine coolant from flowing through your heater core and even with the AC on full blast you'll get HOT HOT HOT air out of the vents. Yeah, that would be worth checking. I've seen one come loose and the guy couldn't OPEN the valve, so he had no heat in the winter.

szvosec
08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks rick_spiff, I was having a problem with my vents blowing hot air when I had it set to cold. So I checked the heater flow valve and noticed the arm was bent so the cable wouldn't push or pull it right. Now I just got to fix that arm.

Blkblurr
08-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Wait, wait, check your heater flow valve (up next to the firewall in the engine compartment). If it's broken you can't stop hot engine coolant from flowing through your heater core and even with the AC on full blast you'll get HOT HOT HOT air out of the vents. Yeah, that would be worth checking. I've seen one come loose and the guy couldn't OPEN the valve, so he had no heat in the winter.
That's my guess as well.

rick_spiff
08-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my A/C compressor is not cycling. It runs continuiously if the fan is on any setting and the A/C switch is on. The temperature switch on the evap. coils has been temporarily shorted out because it's busted and I need A/C. I'll get a new switch in there soon, but is that what controls the compressor cycling? I thought the AC delay computer did that...