PDA

View Full Version : Replacement keys I LOST MY ONLY SET

acessence
08-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I lost my keys to my car, i only had one set, and for the longest time, i kept saying get a spare made. Now i got a car sittin there with no way to start it, Is there a way to get replacement keys by contacting honda, or do i have to replace all the locks in the car, and the ignition to get a replacement set, please help guys

Thanks,

Andrew

whats the best plan of action

mkymonkey
08-15-2006, 06:04 PM
call a locksmith they take a code from the cyl and they make the key for ya. costs a bit but if you go to honda it will cost more

i work for an impound company and every time we get to keep a nice car that we can sell we have to make keys for them. we have a locksmith as a friend who only charges us 25 to make a set of keys. but he says it almost always costs around 50-75 bucks.

ccotm
08-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Actually, if you have keys that are near the same year for any honda they will work. I have done this to start my car when I left my keys at a friends house, just takes some patience... jiggle the key around and keep trying to turn it...

88Accord-DX
08-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Take your title to the local Honda dealer, they will give you a set of numbers (code) to take to a locksmith after looking at the VIN numbers.

Much cheaper than calling a locksmith.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I got a new master key made at my local Honda dealer. The scary thing is that they only needed my VIN and didn't ask for the title or even my ID! I'm not sure if most dealers can cut a new key, but my local dealer did it in about 5 minutes. Check with your local dealer. The keys cost less than $10 for our cars.

frantik
08-15-2006, 10:16 PM
did the dealer give you a honda branded one with rubber on top or just a plain metal one? my old car had the original keys but my new one only came with metal keys and i want the nicer key dammit :)

mkymonkey
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
yeah when i got my car (if you remember my story i towed it, leaned it, and then bought it) i had to make keys for it and the locksmith gave me the gay ones without the rubber :(

frantik
08-16-2006, 12:40 AM
i got some on ebay that have the rubber but it still doesn't say honda :( havent had them cut yet though

Cheeseburger
08-16-2006, 12:44 AM
i lost my keys the oher night:( good thing i found them

ESDEEZ
08-16-2006, 04:56 AM
with us the master key has rubber but no honda inscibed:( but the keys that you give to a repair guy (or somone you dont trust) are metal but do have honda on them :)

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
This is what I got:
http://zakm.hotbox.ru/car/Key.JPG

The low cost really surprised me too.

MessyHonda
08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
^^^yeah thoes are the original keys.^^^ when i got my car they gave me 2 of thoes and another metal one that says honda and its only for valet use....it cant open the glovebox, the turnk lock by the driver door or the turnk

frantik
08-16-2006, 07:18 PM
hot damn im gonna call up a local dealer and see if i can't get a set.. i used to have both keys and the valet just lke u messy for my old lx but my new one makes me feel like it was stolen or something lol

snoopyloopy
08-16-2006, 08:06 PM
ahh, i have several sets of my car key. but only one is the original. then my mom has a copy, my gf has a copy, and i keep another copy on me just in case. but yeah, i want some more with the honda rubber top.