PDA

View Full Version : quick amp wiring q?

sinisterfuzzy
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
hey guys working on installing an amp in my car but can't find a place to run the wire through the firewall any places you guys did?

ghettogeddy
08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
i drilled a hole on the pasanger side

MessyHonda
08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
above the pedals....you can fit the cable then then run it to the passanger side...mine was 4 guage cable so you should be able to put it. there is like a gasket on the firewall...you should not be drilling unless you are lazy or didnt get a long cable

mkymonkey
08-16-2006, 12:14 AM
yeah there is a rubber piece that can be removed above the pedals on the drivers side. just cut a hole small enough so you can barely squeeze the wire though. make it small enough so it gives you trouble that way its tight. then just route them down and in beteen the carpet and the trim pieces on the doors. easy

ghettogeddy
08-16-2006, 05:23 AM
but u want to run it on the pasenger side

MessyHonda
08-16-2006, 06:30 AM

yeah it still worked for me...my cable was like 17 ft...so i had alot left over.

Sabz5150
08-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Since I pulled my A/C, the busted thing it was, I ran power wire through one of the A/C line grommets.

mkymonkey
08-16-2006, 07:54 AM

why? its a lot easier to just run it through the driver's side. i mean youre already there.

actually mine was run through the middle since i ran most of my wires through there.

ghettogeddy
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
well runnig a 12volt power wire on the driver side cause's prob witht the ignition wiring, ive seen things from windows causing poping sounds in subs to simple engine rev's heard through the subs so in my experience its just easyer to run it on the pasenger side so u can bypass all that headach

HostileJava
08-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Since I pulled my A/C, the busted thing it was, I ran power wire through one of the A/C line grommets.

I ran mine through the same place, worked awsome!

2ndGenGuy
08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Why would running it down the drivers side cause those kind of problems? Is that because you would be running it near all of the fuse panel and everything?

I'm pretty sure that it's the RCA audio wires that you wanna keep away from the power sources. Even so, I have the RCA wires running down my drivers side and my power wires running down the passeneger side.

Is it a specific thing to the 86-89 Accords? Because I've wired up lots of other cars with the wire on the drivers side without any issues.

ghettogeddy
08-16-2006, 09:41 AM
not spicific but its more of a random thing i have incountered like i rewired a friends lincoln navi cause evertime he used his windows the subs would pulse after i swithced it around the prob went away, i think its because the 12v wire isent shielded so it outs of interferance, but i could be wrong let me research

ghettogeddy
08-16-2006, 09:53 AM
ok after further researh its not that u want to run it don the pas side but the driver side i must have gottin that info mixed up acouple install's ago explanes my probs i had with speaker noice that i thought was cd interferance

MessyHonda
08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
ok after further researh its not that u want to run it don the pas side but the driver side i must have gottin that info mixed up acouple install's ago explanes my probs i had with speaker noice that i thought was cd interferance

well when i took off my carpet i set my wire down right on the passanger side and every thing sounded good....you have to remember this is for subs not voice speakers. i even took off the seats and it had holes where to put in the wire and the installation was clean...it works fine and on the driver side you have the gas and trunk levers not to mention the gas lines...

sinisterfuzzy
08-17-2006, 07:40 PM
alright thanks everyone i took teh first posts advice and drilled a perfect hole in the passenger side. it worked out really well.

Listen2myBASS
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
you could also of avoided drilling by running it throught the opening when the doors are ajar and lay it on the top of the fender, goes straight to the top terminal on the battery. might sound a little confusing or iffy. my .02$

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
the only prob there is getting into the car its just easyer to drill a new hole then u dont have to worry about it