PDA

View Full Version : twin piston calipers?!?!

3gmodifier
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
ok i really REALLY want twin piston calipers but besides the factory jdm version, is there any other car that has them that are compatable. like, my friend has a 92 prelude and he just put the twin piston calipers from a 92 legend on. they are 100% bolt on. the braking is unbeleivable. i think i heard that nsx calipers will fit but not sure. and if they did i am sure they are very expensive. if any one knows any thing let me know. and also, does any one know if the shocks off a 4g will fit the 3g. i have kyb gr2's right now and i want to upgrade. i can get a set of tokicko blues for $204 but if i can get the 4g shocks to fit then i am going with the kyb agx's or even tien. let me know guys.

Oldblueaccord
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Well i have the type r calipers and rotors on my car so if they do a NSX conversion on that car I think it can be done to ours.

There alot of info on this site right here some written by me and some written by others, It would be good place to start your search.

As far a the legend GS calipers I dont think youll find them. guayanbob or who ever says otherwise but hes the only guy thats got a set.

good luck and let me know if I can help more.

wp

MessyHonda
08-16-2006, 06:16 PM
some one from NZ was selling 2 pair of calipers...i found out that they only work in the 86-87 cars and the 88-89 carb cars....they wont fit on the 88-89 Lx-i so i just got some drilled and sloted rotors with AEM pads and my car has some stoping power.

guaynabo89
08-16-2006, 06:18 PM
The legend GS calipers only bolt on to the 88-89 lxi sei hubs. but then the only thing in order to bolt them up correctly (left caliper on left side of car and vice versa) the bleeder screw will be facing the bottom and not the top so you would have to bleed the calipers off the car with the bleeder facing up. or wou could mount them on bckwards but the the leading piston would become the trailing piston and I dont know how that would affect braking since the pistons in each caliper are two different sizes.

I tried the legend calipers on my car but I have aem 12" rotors and they would not fit without upgrading to 13 inch rotors.

If you get the legend gs rotor and have it redrilled with the accord 4 lugs you should probably be able to get it on just by doing that. I'm not 100% sure though since I didnt get a legend rotor to try and fit to make sure all the offsets would be correct.

3gmodifier
08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
cool good to know i will look into it.