PDA

View Full Version : 5Th Gen. Accord

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 12:13 AM
My moms friend has a 5th Gen Honda Accord 4DR, Parked next to each other it looks like things from the 5th Gen Accord can be used (Body Kits), I was thinking that a 5th Gen Body kit could be customized to fit our cars pretty well, if not it will be close, because from pictures and her car next to mine, looks like they might be too big, but hey if you dont get a realy fancy body kit, you could customize it easily, just making things a lil smaller. :D, I'm gonna do some measureing to her car, and if I like, I'm gonna get this kit.
http://www.erebuni.net/images/autos2/accord567f.jpghttp://www.erebuni.net/images/autos2/accord567r.jpg
http://www.erebuni.net/images/autos/ACCORD129r.jpghttp://www.erebuni.net/images/autos/PRELUDE319R.jpg
http://www.erebuni.net/images/autos/PRELUDE319f.jpg

Mike89Accordcom
08-28-2002, 01:03 AM
I like your ideas man! Talkin online with ya now, but thought I'd post and let everybody know, your creative!!

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 01:06 AM
I have a Vivid imagination, if only the Moderators would let me go all out and just express every thought I have, I'd do it, but I'm guessin they wont, so I wont.

YK86
08-28-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I have a Vivid imagination, if only the Moderators would let me go all out and just express every thought I have, I'd do it, but I'm guessin they wont, so I wont.
What do you mean???

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 01:31 AM
Well, ever since I was 10, I've had a huge imagination on things, my best and only true friend Zach was the dude I talked to about this shit, he moved a lil while back and everythings been building up and I'm learning and finding new stuff out about these 3rd Gen's, things that everyone knows, but not everyone knows everything, I'm puting everything together and comming up with all sorts of things, I'm constantly thinking of things I can do, things I want to do, and things I have to do to my car, I cant sleep at night, cus I get too excited on something I want to do. Before I joined 3GEEZ.COM I was looking to buy Nissan Skyline R34 2DR Rear Tail Lights, and a JDM 93 Teg's Head Lights to customize onto my Accord. Nobody understands it, but I've grown up with cars, my whole life working and fixing them up, and Owning a 100% Customizable car is the best thing ever. Beacuse like I said in a diff post, Once you customize your car, your super happy cus nobody on earth has what you have, and I want that soo bad, thats why I'm goin nuts with Idea's.

Red88Hatch
08-28-2002, 09:07 AM
man you are CRAZY, no one here loses sleep about their cars *cough, sarcasm, cough* ;)

But i do understand how you feel, and im sure everyone eles on the board does too.....simply the problem is Money for most of us :rolleyes:

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic, nobody understands it tho, Not even me, Its just things get me soo excited that I can't sleep, Things just fill my mind soo quick and it becomes all I think about. But, I'm gonna use my thoughts to help you all out with anything I can, I'm talking with a few companies (GD2000, TODA, Venom, DC Sports, Ect.) about things that we are all interested in, I tried emailing Erebuni about making thier new kit that Xenon and Erebuni has for the CRX, but for our car, but they haven't emailed me back, I think it costs like 5grand for them to use your car to make a body kit, but that would be cool, cus then I'd get free sponsership, I'd get pictures of my car on thier website so they can sell the body kit, the only problem is, after that happens and people see the kit online, they most likely wont belive that I own the car lol, Ohh Well!

shepherd79
08-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Red88Hatch
man you are CRAZY, no one here loses sleep about their cars *cough, sarcasm, cough* ;)

some times i wake up in the middle of the night with a dream stack in my head about what should i do to my car. so i just right it down or if i don't feel like sleeping go outside and start looking how to putt this ideas into my car.

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Well, I guess I cannot go measure that 5th gen accord today, unless she comes to me, because my brother grabed my keys this morning when I was asleep, locked all my doors, and left to work with my keys, that just ruins my whole day!!!

If only I could find a way to get inside the car, I could do it, cus I don't need a key to start my car, I got the switch now.

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 12:30 PM
If we could use the Lude's body kit, we could shave our trunk lids :D, but I'm sure we wont get away without some sort of cutting! :chainsaw:

Jims 86LXI HB
08-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi

Oh thank god, you really had me sweating their:rolleyes:

The think the cars you have pictured are much closer in dimensions then what you perviously proposed. Theirfore by all means let your imagination and a tape measure have at it. My wifes car is a 4th gen so if you need some measurements, just ask.

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 01:18 AM
Thanks man, I will tell you all of what I measure on the 5th gen accord and the 88 lude, so you can measure the same, and then I'll measure my accord and we'll see.

toastyghost
08-29-2002, 08:36 AM
Damn dude I thought I was the only one.. sometimes I go out for a smoke on the porch at like 4 in the morning and stare at the car and think of shit and try to visualize what it will look like when it's done. I've been cutting stock body pieces in my head for like 3 weeks trying to decide what I'm going to do for my kit. :D

2Fast_Fiero
08-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Even tho my engine was blown today, it still runs so YAY, but I'm gonna get the measurements ASAP on the Lude today. Then my car today, actualy now lol. then soon I'll get the 5th Gen Accords Measurements. So I'll keep yall updated.

2Fast_Fiero
08-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Ok, I just measured the 88 Lude and the 87 Cord, the Body Kit for the Prelude will work, if you want it, Buy the Front and Rear bumper for the Lude, and buy the side skirts from any car that has the same leangth from the front fender to rear fender, I'll get those measurements soon, BUT, if you want to use the Ludes body kit, your going to have to install some sort of Fender Flares, OR, cut about an inch out of the middle of the kit, and then it will fit PERFECTLY, I doubt we will get out of any sort of body work while durring all of these, the lude is a lil wider, but not by much, the rear bumper on the lude is 2"s shorter, so I feel it will give our cars a very sporty look. I feel the Erebuni 88 Prelude Body kit shown at the top of this page is a very nice kit, very well designed, not too ricey, No offence towards A20A1 because he's a realy cool guy and I still resepct him even tho he put that jap looking body kit on his car, still looks good, but I'll stay away, GREAT for aero dynamics and cooling tho. The 5th Generation Accord body kit might work for our car, I haven't been able to move the car since the engine is blown, but I'll get my moms friend up here asap to measure her front/rear bumper and her side area for where we'll put the skirts, Either I'm going to buy the Xenon 3rd Gen Accord body kit, or the 5th Gen Accord Body Kit, or the 88-89 Lude Body kit for my accord. I'll get the measurements to other cars and keep you all posted.

2Fast_Fiero
08-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Everyone Keep Reading This Post, I'll keep it updated with body kits we can use.