PDA

View Full Version : My (stock) '89 LX-i

Alexi3rdgen
08-19-2006, 04:18 AM
These pictures are from awhile ago, when the car was awaiting its engine, hence it's location in the barn, but you can see some of the nifty accessories it has, like the CD player, fog light switch, CD player, and rear sunshade. The last pictures are from...after the building next door jumped out and attacked the car. :( Getting that front part of the frame replaced is not going to be a picnic.
Click on the Alexi folder: http://photos.yahoo.com/majesticdecadence

Wes

MIK3
08-19-2006, 04:49 AM
http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/42ee29adzc8aa1bf8/373d/__sr_/1003.jpg?pho2w5EBC0K5vMn3

Neato! :thumbup:

smufguy
08-19-2006, 06:12 AM
can u take more pics of the rear sunshade? Is it an aftermarket acc or was it fitted on by you? Overall the car looks nice, i only wish the fog/driving lights on the bottom were tucked in a little bit.

Toneloc5145
08-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Nice. It looks real clean, from what I can see. I like all of the OEM accessories. I have a sunshade like that too. It really helps block the sun in the day, and blocks bright headlights at night. It also makes my tint appear to be darker than it really is.

MessyHonda
08-19-2006, 07:21 AM
cool car i have one the same color but its not in good shape besides the front since it was replaced and painted. well any hints on what kind of engine you are puting in? H22? hehe....or just a rebuilt a20? well good luck....at least you car has a barn so the sun does not beat on it.....post some more pics since its Hawt

Alexi3rdgen
08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Well, the sunshade was on the car when I got it, but just 2 days ago it stopped retracting, so I'm going to have to take it apart, and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it. I guess the last two pictures of the car damage didn't load. I need to replace hte "front core support" according to the guy at the body shop, so I can replace the bumper, and cover, and hood, etc. The engine was replaced with a used "under 90k" engine from an 88 LX-i, which seems to be doing reasonably well. Eventually, I'd like to make it more like an 80's sports sedan, adding a lighted spoiler on the back, and painting it in black above the bumper moulding, and Maroon from the bumper moulding down (as well as the fender flares) Then I'd like to add some of those nifty stock Accord LX-i SOHC (or DOHC if I ever manage an engine/transmission swap) graphics on the driver and passenger doors. It would then ride on the Prelude Si rims, the brushed aluminum center cap version.

As of last week the foglights have actually been replaced, with a slightly smaller, yellow backed foglight, improves the appearance on two levels, because they're smaller they won't stick out as far, and because they're black, and look better with the nearby bumper molding. (Or they will when the bumper goes back on)

Wes

jschatte
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I really like how you mounted that oem honda deck in the console! But... is it just me or are those tires a couple sizes too small?

Cheeseburger
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
one word.....

clean!

Sabz5150
08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I really like how you mounted that oem honda deck in the console! But... is it just me or are those tires a couple sizes too small?

That's stock. When you get the CD player addon, it comes with the console you see pictured.