PDA

View Full Version : RCA Input Board

HostileJava
08-19-2006, 01:07 PM
This is for the van, but I figured I'd ask here.

I'm looking for somthing like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

But with only 3 jacks and the standard red/white/yellow colors. Any idea's where I would find somthing like this. I have a single din dvd player with screen mounted in the glove box and i'd like to make a acrylic bezel around it and relocate the auxilary inputs in the back of the head unit to the front of the bezel next to the head unit.

labeledsk8r
08-19-2006, 03:25 PM
well the link isnt working but im guessing your just wanting a panel with your 3 main inputs on it, if thats the case, and your good with your wireing/soldering skills, then id say locate a old busted tv rip out the input jacks, find a new mounting spot in the car or like a removable plate. then re-wire everything threw the new input's sould only take about 15-20 to do the wireing, the most time would be spent makeing the mounting plate werever you wanted it, just an idea if you wanted it hard wired in

HostileJava
08-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Hmm, I'll see if I can link directly to the picture. I work on a/v alot where I work and 99.99% of the time the RCA connectors are soldered directly to the PCB in the devices and they stand off the PCB and jut out from holes in the side or back. I need to be able to run wires to the back of the rca connectors and mount them directly to the plexi. So they would need to mount like the momentary switches you get from radio shack instead of needing to be supported by a PCB

2ndGenGuy
08-19-2006, 11:12 PM
They sell RCA jacks for doing just this thing at Radio Shack. I did this in my car, except without the Video input....

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/interior/IMG_1388.JPG

Yes I know the car looks dirty. It was taken at night, with a flash, it really didn't look that bad... Tho I should have shaken out the floor mats...

Sorry about the huge picture, I'm too lazy to resize it... I already had this one posted online.

frantik
08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
can you just use a female cable and mount it to the face? if they don't fit you might be able to find some low profile a/v cables (prolly sold individually though (ie one cable per channel))

jschatte
08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
2ndgenguy, I love that idea with the RCA cables. Im gonna do that for my AUX in on my deck... thats so cool!

HostileJava
08-29-2006, 05:21 PM
It's all good I found some nice ones through a catolog at work. I'll have to post some pics up of the install when it's done.

Sabz5150
08-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Do they sell ones in orange?

HostileJava
08-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure, I'll check the catolog when I go in tomorrow. AIM me after 6pm tomorrow if you remember.