PDA

View Full Version : separate harness'?

newaccorddriver
08-19-2006, 05:06 PM
i was wondering if there is a separate harness for the interior and the engine harness. i want to put push button heater controls and i can easily get an interior harness, so i need to know if they have separate harness'. or better yet, would most heater harness' be interchangable between cars?

A18A
08-19-2006, 05:22 PM
i think the interier has just 2 wire harnesses. 1 for all the stereo, heater, lights, gauges and the other 1 for the combo switch and horn etc.. dome lights and speakers arnt included. i think the harness are the same for the ones with elec heater controls and without, i cant really remember. but if you do this, you might have to take out the entire dash so you could install the motor thingies that control the heater. but the wire harness IS interchangeable between cars :)

newaccorddriver
08-19-2006, 05:26 PM
actually, i just remembered this. when i took out the harness from a parts car, i took out the harness for the heater controls and such. when it came down to pulling out the motor that controlled everything, it was for some odd reason connected to the other harness. would the main interior harness be interchangable between EFI years as the heater harness would be?

A18A
08-19-2006, 05:39 PM
well i thought they were all the same :S both of mine are the same, one had manual heater controls, and the other didnt. the oone with manual controls just had spare plugs going to no were

newaccorddriver
08-19-2006, 06:34 PM
the oone with manual controls just had spare plugs going to no were

seriously? what year accord did you have? you think the fact that you dont have a CaDM or a USDM one might affect that as well?

A18A
08-19-2006, 06:42 PM
prolly different over there but mine was a 89

newaccorddriver
08-19-2006, 09:32 PM
prolly different over there but mine was a 89

damn... as far as i know(or see in junkyards), only the 88-89 have the buttons, so i might have to take the entire harness, unless someone can verify wether or not i can just make a separate harness that will control the heater controls only.

newaccorddriver
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
does anyone here know how to convert an 86-87 to an 88-89 car? i mean just the interior harness', nothing engine related

A18A
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
im so sure they just plug right in, cant be that hard. unless of course they dont fit

newaccorddriver
08-20-2006, 10:33 AM
im so sure they just plug right in, cant be that hard. unless of course they dont fit

this project will be code names PITA cause honda screws canadians every time lol

newaccorddriver
08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
so i picked up a heater harness which includes things like the radio and such. lets just hope i dont have to go back and get the entire cabin harness cause thats a royal PITA to remove and even worse to put in cause that involves gutting basically 2 cars. does anybody know if theres a different between the carbed harness that i got compared to a fuel injected harness? or if theres a difference in the cabin harness at all?

A18A
08-20-2006, 03:00 PM
i highly doubt theres any diff between the carbed and efi ones, but one thing for sure you're gonna need to do is remove your dash board which is a pita and anoying, gl :)

newaccorddriver
08-20-2006, 04:04 PM
i highly doubt theres any diff between the carbed and efi ones, but one thing for sure you're gonna need to do is remove your dash board which is a pita and anoying, gl :)

good, but heres the thing im having a problem with right now. the motor that controls the vents are connected to the main harness in the cabin which connects to the fuse box and relays and such. thats the part im gonna have trouble with cause its gonna be a royal PITA to switch out that particular harness. i kinda think of it as me doing a fuel injection swap, just that im already fuel injected, and just want that one option canadians got screwed of...