PDA

View Full Version : delving into tunes

snoopyloopy
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
so i figure that i have all the bolt-ons that i could need for awhile, it's time i branch out to other parts of the car. like the audio. i've replaced all four of the stock (89) lx-i speakers with pioneers in the stock sizes and they're not bad. but i want to add an amp and maybe a sub, but i don't want to necessarily attract lots of attention to my vehicle and i don't like really loud music, no matter what genre it is. so suggest some stuff for me. basically, i'm going for an upgraded stock set-up when it's all said and done.

jschatte
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Do you have 6x9s in the back? because thats what i have (pioneer 220w) and they have enough power i dont even want to put a sub in. Just my .02$

mkymonkey
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
go with an alpine mrd-m350 and an alpine type s for your subs....just get a stereo that has sub preouts

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
go with an alpine mrd-m350 and an alpine type s for your subs....just get a stereo that has sub preouts
he means get a type r lol little bit price but the type r slams thats what was stloin out of my car when it got stolin im still pondering if i want to go back to an amp sup set my self ive been kind of down/parinoid scence my car got stoiln

mkymonkey
08-30-2006, 11:44 AM
he doesnt want something to attract attention and doesnt like loud music. a type e or type s will do fucking fine. it will give his music the defined tone of bass and will sound loud enough when he wants it to.

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
oh my bad i personly like the type r becouse it had a cleaner hitting bass not cause it was louder i went for clerity no over all db's

mkymonkey
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
yeah i know but with that amp (the mrd-m350) and a type r, which i had in my altima, the lowest gain still makes that sub freaking loud. its a mosfet class d mono amp...so its loud. but with a type s for some reason the bass isnt as loud but it is as clean.

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 12:05 PM
oh thats wierd

Listen2myBASS
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
i agree with monkey about the radio. ANYTHING with preouts will do, its just your choice if you want a cd or tape(iunno, some people still own cassettes). And Alpine bass goes-E, S, R, X. go with a wal-mart BOLT Audio Package, gives you everything you need, sub/box, amp, wires instructions. i just hooked up some of these in a LeSabre, they're straight, all the way up made some smooth bass. its like around $70. best bang for your buck, especially with your preferences.:)

ghettogeddy
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
^i agree those lightning audio setups do sound good for the price ive actuall hooked a couple of them up and they dont sound bad

MessyHonda
08-30-2006, 01:19 PM
i knoe im off topic but my friend just got 2 12inch Type R in a ported box for 200 bucks....i almost wet my pants when i saw them....fucking heavy as fuck...i want to test my amp to see if it makes them hit....but yeah if you want something good get the middle class. cuz its not expensive or cheap

snoopyloopy
09-04-2006, 07:33 AM
grand, now i can go shopping with a purpose, not an impulse. and yes, i have 6x9 in the back, i forget what wattage they are. but they're the four-way ones.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd start with a 4channel amp to power your speakers. If you are on a budget stick with names like Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer. They make fairly good stuff, and won't be super expensive. If you get a good little 4 channel amp in there you will notice a huge difference.

Then if you still want to get a 2 channel or monoblock amp and get a 10" sub going in there, like monkey said the Alpine type S is a good choice... Cheap, and it sounds pretty decent.

snoopyloopy
09-07-2006, 10:02 AM
yeah, i've been looking at some amps. nothing too extravagant, just something to liven up what i already have. and i don't think i'll even need a sub if i get an amp because my speakers are pretty nice as it is. and what's a good place to find deals? and will it work w/ the stock h/u or will i have to get an aftermarket for the cause? with will my stock eq still work with it?

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 10:21 AM
yeah, i hear the people who say they want clarity over loudness. don't get me wrong i love to be an obnoxcious son of a bitch some times but mostly, i turn up my volume enough to hear it really well over the wind blowing (i always drive with ALL my windows down lol, even though i have working a/c) but anyways my build i was going for is

Subwoofer
Directed D2400 $269
(2x) 12” Kicker L5s $179/ea

Speakers
Directed A1004 $249
JL Audio VR690-CXi $159
JL Audio XR650-CSi $239

Head Unit
Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP $299

not a ton of money considering my friends are all into 13w7s and multiple (4+) L7s...

SONICELECTRONIX.COM ALL THE WAY

ghettogeddy
09-07-2006, 11:18 AM
i would reconsider the pioneer u might want something with a larger preamp out put and a more stable unit

ps: pioneer is the #1 most stolin stereo in the world lol

sinisterfuzzy
09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
well that's because pioneer premiere stuff is the shit.

snoopyloopy
08-03-2007, 07:36 AM
ok, so it's been some time. got a new car, but for all purposes, it might as well be the same. but anyway, i was looking heavily at this amp:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NZmutGSSJwR/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=109GTO754&s=0&cc=01
although it is pricey from crutchfield and i found it for half price on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JBL-GTO75-4-4-CHANNEL-CAR-AMP-520WATT-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ270149089983QQihZ017QQcategoryZ 39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also, i was looking at these two headunits:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NZmutGSSJwR/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=130DEHP490&s=0&cc=01
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NZmutGSSJwR/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=158GT81UW&s=0&cc=01

so anyway, does that look like a decent set-up for what i want? txs