PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Lights

jschatte
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I really want my accord to have some lights that are on all the time ( daytime/driving lights) but i dont want to spent alot of money on aftermarket ones. So im wondering if i could wire up the part circled in red so they were on whenever i started my car, and also do you think this would look good?
Thanks
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/jschatte/2b_1.jpg

ghettogeddy
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
i dotn understand y would u want them/ what are the advanteges for having them

frantik
08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
you could just turn the headlight switch one notch.. it'll turn on the rear lights too though so not exactly what you're looking for

3rdgenhatchDX
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
:werd: what frantik said... i dunno man you could look into the wiring, it'd be a beast, plus its "daytime" so .... the lights prolly wont be seen anyways
I understand why your trying to do this tho... luxury cars have them speaking of which, i pulled up next to a maserati today. i yelled "DAMN NOW THATS MONEY!" the driver just looked at me and laughed i beat him off the line! he was in the turning lane.... :D ahahahha

jschatte
08-24-2006, 04:15 PM
i dont have anything against the flip up headlights, but i wouldnt want to have them fliped up all the time. Also, i just thought it would be a good idea, because the lights are there anyway.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-24-2006, 04:31 PM
^^ Actually guys, in Canada, I believe it started after 1990 or so, All cars have daytime running lights.

A18A
08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
to wire those lights up to always be on (this would be a bit hori, but its free) just get the positive of the 2 lights (from both sides of car) run a wire from the positiv of both to a black w/ yellow stripe wire you find :) i think the 1 in the coil is good enough seeing it will always be on as soon as you turn the key on

lostforawhile
08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
they wouldn't be bright enough to be effective,you need something like those projector driving lights the small ones that wouldn't be obtrusive. there is a way to wire them so when the headlights are switched on, they are controlled like standard driving lights. if I had a way to scan a picture I would put up a diagram,if you want me to send you a diagram pm me and I'll draw one out for you. maby you could scan it and put it up. the way I'm talking about wiring them is a way to automatically turn them on when the car is on,but also be able to turn them on and off if you want.

mkymonkey
08-24-2006, 08:53 PM
fucking mod it to take some h3's and make your own wiring harnes with a wire that is hooked up to the starter...easy lol

ESDEEZ
08-25-2006, 08:41 AM
In my manuale it says somint obout daytime lights but i dunno where they were.

so volvo man

frantik
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
i dont have anything against the flip up headlights, but i wouldnt want to have them fliped up all the time.

if you turn the headlight switch one notch the headlines won't come up

2ndGenGuy
08-25-2006, 12:50 PM
I'd say hook a relay up and install some 1156 bulbs in there. Thats all that most cars use for daytime running lamps, at least the ones that don't use headlights. Actually sometimes they usually use the bright element of an 1157. They're brighter than you think. Just hook the relay off of an igntion controlled circuit. That seems pretty simple.

carotman
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
The easiest way to do this would be to use the 90-91 prelude system. They have flip up lights like we do and they are required to have DRL.

Theyr DRLs are located next to the foglight on the bumper. You should just check how they are wired and duplicate the system. The parts will even be available at the local junkyard :D