PDA

View Full Version : bad fuel sensor??? help

labeledsk8r
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
ok well long story short i had over a half a tank in my car, i drive down to a jiffy store for a red bull (i wish they had a nos instead) anyways on the drive back i glance at my gauges, and its at 1/4th tank and falling, by the time i pull up to my house its on E. i parked it and left it on acc. and it went back up to 1/4th after about 4 or so minutes, i drove it and it started going back down. any ideas?? this car is suposed to be ready to make a 1,500 mile trip by tonight! and for that long of a trip a fuel gauge would be nice, any help and advise for a fix or a quick fix would help, thanks

A18A
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
well if you're not gonna get it fixed by tonight, i say fill up at every petrol station. u might regret it :o

MessyHonda
08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
yeah that does sound bad....just fill up every 350 miles...maybe get a can of gas just incase

labeledsk8r
08-26-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah im on a buddys computer right now, my phone and dsl is now off, i moved my moveing date to this monday, it keeps just going back and forth to diffrent readings, i might have to just chance it, and on top of it my trip-omiter button wont work to reset it haha, and quick fixes?

MessyHonda
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah im on a buddys computer right now, my phone and dsl is now off, i moved my moveing date to this monday, it keeps just going back and forth to diffrent readings, i might have to just chance it, and on top of it my trip-omiter button wont work to reset it haha, and quick fixes?

mine was the same also....when the guy that sold it to me said it didnt work....so when i was on the freeway it pushed it and it worked...i think its cuz my car was siting for 10 months....for you it could be something different the only way to find out is to get the gauges out and check wuts not working

TdotWarrior
08-29-2006, 04:37 AM
yeah for my 87exi its fucked up too.... i have half a tank... but when i hit the gas on a green light... i go up to full tank :P then when i stop at a red i go to a 1/4 ...... i just always keep puttin in 10 bux