PDA

View Full Version : feeler thread about Georgia meets

lostforawhile
08-25-2006, 05:47 PM
how many members here are from georgia? I know about Roodoo and some others but maby it's time for a Georgia meet coming up for the summer. If everything goes ok with the house,we will have a big yard and plenty of parking space for 10 or 15. I was thinking a summer barbucue meet type of thing. maby meet in Adel off of 75 and drive the 20 miles here for the cookout. the house we are getting is actually split into two halves I could set up one half and use it's kitchen and bathroom just for the meet without everyone tromping through the half we live in. I can also switch on the AC in that half so everyone could be cool. we have shade trees too. this is an idea I'm throwing out there. let me know what you think?

MessyHonda
08-25-2006, 05:50 PM
i wish i was in georgia i would bring both my cars....sorry since im offtopic

reanimator420
08-26-2006, 04:35 AM
hmm i wish it was closer for me

3rdgenhatchDX
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll be there. :D

lostforawhile
09-07-2006, 08:20 PM
ok better idea,if you come down 75 and exit in adel Georgia, it's an easy drive and one turn to get to Reed Bingham state park. about ten miles off the interstate. they have covered pinic areas with electricity,and plenty of space to park your cars. probably the best place to have a barbecue. if we decide to have a georgia meet I can reserve one of the pinic pavilions in advance. they also have screened in pinic areas that can be rented. this is a really laid back relaxed park and a great place to hold a meet. we can even go for a cruise around the park. I was thinking because we have such nice roads here we could plan a route and every one could do a driving tour,maby ten miles or so. it's better then just looking at cars all day. theres lots of roads here where you can open up the cars and just drive. I think the state park area would be the eaisiest place to find to hold the meet.

2oodoor
10-01-2006, 07:07 AM
wholly pickled pigs feet why have I not searched this before. I would really love that idea. Are there any more Ga members active, the map shows zero. But I have had brief discussions with Capt Courageous , ga member but he is not very active on the forum but pops in every month or so. he is cool..
Honestly I was looking a at a new post for NC members, one of them posted on your post here that he would come. I was trying to see about going to theirs, the carolinas are closer than south georgia from here. But, your chicken picken 3geez meet in South Georgia; would be cool as sh*t. I have a few living relatives in the area actually.
It is flattering that Messy would actually come to east coast for this one isnt it Lostforawhile.

lostforawhile
10-01-2006, 07:27 AM
wholly pickled pigs feet why have I not searched this before. I would really love that idea. Are there any more Ga members active, the map shows zero. But I have had brief discussions with Capt Courageous , ga member but he is not very active on the forum but pops in every month or so. he is cool..
Honestly I was looking a at a new post for NC members, one of them posted on your post here that he would come. I was trying to see about going to theirs, the carolinas are closer than south georgia from here. But, your chicken picken 3geez meet in South Georgia; would be cool as sh*t. I have a few living relatives in the area actually.
It is flattering that Messy would actually come to east coast for this one isnt it Lostforawhile. thats why I was trying to get this idea out there early,so I can figure out who might come and who might not, this way by summer I can have everything together. the meet in Flordia was fun,except the 600 mile round trip,but I figure this way we will have shade and a place to sit and chill out.

speedpenguin
10-01-2006, 07:32 AM
That would be cool. I have no idea where I'll be in life next summer, but if I can make it, I will.

reanimator420
10-01-2006, 07:35 AM
nc meet ne one

lostforawhile
10-01-2006, 07:50 AM
That would be cool. I have no idea where I'll be in life next summer, but if I can make it, I will.I will keep updating this thread as summer gets here so everyone can plan. if no one shows up my wife and I will have a nice relaxing day at the park with a lot of food. :)

2oodoor
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
hopefully you will have some company, but may be driving a civic :nervous:

mushroom_toy
01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
I'll be there. Pick a central location. !

MoonScryer
01-28-2007, 11:02 AM
We used to have quite a few members in Georgia, but all moved on to other things. Only A20 based vehicle I have left is my 86 lude, and if might one day run again.

Bump for GA.

Foxy3GLXI
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm in Tampa my be up for a drive to Ga. I'm not too far

Alexi3rdgen
01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey,

I'm in Savannah, and even though my car is...a bit worse for the wear right now, (lost a fight with the corner of a building, then had a hit and run in a parking lot) I'd love to come see other cars! Maybe I'll even have another 3rdgen by then. (Looked at a blue '88 LX-i today)

Wes