PDA

View Full Version : 3g/4g lower crossmember swap "?"

ICEMAN707
08-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Does anybody have pics or diagrams of under the engines of 3g and 4g accords? Perhaps from a Haynes or Chilton's manual or better? OR just pics of the lower crossmembers of both cars themselves?

I wanna see how close the lower crossmembers look alike. If they are swapable, might make an h22 swap much more feasable. More importantly, the rear lower crossmember. The front 3g crossmember can be redrilled to bolt the h22 front mount on -- or use a 2g teg front crossmember with a Hasport h22 swap front mount for tegs. The driver's and passenger's side mounts can be taken cared of via CRX h22 swap mounts. The tricky one is the rear mount. But if the rear crossmember from the 4g could be swapped, the rear h22 mount would just bolt right in. I think you might have to swap to a 4g steering rack and reroute the power steering lines though -- or find a way to attach the 3g steering rack to the 4g rear lower crossmember.

Hasport hydro-cable clutch conversion lever takes care of the clutch engagement. 4g shift box and shift cables takes care of the shifting since the 3g's uses rods.

H22AccordSE-IV
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey Ice,
Very creative thinking. Love it!
When I did my H22A swap, Joe from Altech (the shop that performed the swap) tried almost everything to try to keep my power steering and get it going. At one point he had it working on and off; unfortunately, even after having a guy from another shop look at it, they couldn't get the returns to match up with the OEM system and the new engine to make it work consistently. A 3rd and 4th gen hybrid of the steering system would probably be the only way to make it work but custom shit might be too pricey to make it worth it. Mad props if you or anyone else can try it and get it done!

Peace

G.

A18A
08-27-2006, 03:16 AM
i can get a bunch of pics of my cross member tomorrow if you want?

ICEMAN707
08-27-2006, 11:42 AM
I believe so long as the splines on the 3gee steering shaft will fit into the 4g steering rack, that fixes the problem. Everything from the flex hose from the power steering pump to the hard lines on the 4g crossmember/steering rack is all 4g parts anyways, so it should all work. Important thing is whether or not the 4g rear crossmember can be made to swap with little mods since 3g and 4g are pretty much similar cars.

ICEMAN707
08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
*bump* for some pics/diagrams help :help: