PDA

View Full Version : B20 engine removal.

RCracer
08-28-2002, 02:19 PM
Just to keep everybody informed. The B20A is now out of the car together with the tranny & the car is getting stripped slowly of all the parts I want (& the parts that some of you want). Then I am going to cut the body up and send it for scrap.
I got the engine running on the standard a20 carb (it ran better than with the faulty efi) just before I pulled it out so I know that everything is going to work.
So now I have to remove the intermediate driveshaft from behind the engine then the tranny. Then the major stripdown will start.
So I should find out if it needs new pistons and if the head is good within a few days.
Then I really will be broke for a while. hehe

89BlackH-Back
08-28-2002, 02:22 PM
the tranny is it a gsr or crv tranny

pric
08-28-2002, 04:19 PM
It's a B20A tranny from the 3rd gen JDM accord not the same as the B20B,Z.

89BlackH-Back
08-28-2002, 05:29 PM
ahhhh schucks

blackacidream
11-15-2002, 07:15 AM
hey aerodecuk, i'm about to buy a japanese B20A for my honda accord, and from what i've learned, i could use my old manifold and carb. instead of converting to EFI, how did you go about doing this in your honda?

RCracer
11-15-2002, 09:37 AM
I haven't got the B20a in yet!!
I just got the gearbox(tranny) on today and will be finishing it off over the next few days ready to put in.
The only thing I have had to make so far are the supports that go from the block to the inlet manifold.
I have made them out of the original efi support with part of the a20a one welded on and on the other side of the inlet used 2 old a20a supports cut and welded.
Only other problems I can see are having to get another couple of water pipes (to extend/replace) that arnt long enough.
I will be able to tell you more in the next week or two as I am a little busy over the next week so it will have to wait for the week after. Then with a bit of luck it will be in and running.

smufguy
11-15-2002, 10:18 AM
blackacidream dude, the JDM B20 ur gonna buy comes with the TB and intake manifold with the exhaust manifold and engine bay harness and sensors and the ECU if i am not mistaken.

I would suggest that u run the engine on Efi cause all u need is the EFI gastank + fuel pump, efi gauge, fuel feedline and cabin harness . Thats all u need. BUt if u wanna keep ur carb, u better convert it to a Webber to get the max out of your B20 bro.

But it all depends on your preference. and if ur worried about the money and time u put into getting all the wire harness out, i would say just run the carb on ur B20 like u said. its all possible.